8. the royal guard

I'm back! Sorry for the hiatus, I had a family vacation and after that I was playing Skyrim nonstop. Let's get right to the story.

Prota's POV

"There are more than three, these three are just the leaders." Melody said.

You turned the corner and approached the guards.

A monster with red hair and silver armor was defending against her cohorts.

Melody cleared her throat. All three of them snapped to attention and knelt to her. She dismissed them and told them to keep training.

The monster in a red cloak turned back to the red haired one.

Yep, Red is here. I guess it's an alternate timeline of undertale red? Also, while they are a minor character, I'd like to say that in this timeline, at least, Red is a few years younger than Frisk and Shift.

The third guard walked over to you, her green hoodie covered with armor. She held a gloved hand out to you.

"Hello human. It's nice to meet you. My name is Chara, but everyone calls me Shift." She pulled her hand away as you moved to shake it. She laughed. "Too slow."

"Shift here is the one from another universe. she's Caveat's mom." Melody said. so that's what asgore meant when he said they died but came back. You wonder where Asriel is at the moment.

Melody seemed to be completely entranced by the duel between the other two. Shift turned back. "Alright,Undyne, you'd better be ready, I have a new tactic!"

She charged over to the others, summoning a glowing red knife.

You asked Melody if this was safe.

"Well, magic only really does damage if there's an intent to hurt them. They're just training, it's fine."

Red threw a magic saw blade at Undyne, but it was deflected with a magic blue spear.

"Not bad, Red. But try this on for size!" She yelled. Shift and Red braces themselves. A whirling maelstrom of Spears surrounded them all, holding them back.

Red held her sword point down, tapping out. Shift wouldn't give up, though. She created a similar attack of knives, neutralizing the spears.

Melody whispered under her breath, cheering Shift on. Shift disappeared, teleporting behind Undyne. She rapidly turned around to block the attack. Shift suddenly had an aura surround her, and a floating animal skull appeared. It was hazy, like she wasn't able to summon it properly.

Nonetheless, a beam blasted from its maw, pushing Undyne back. She pointed her spear down.

Melody cheered. Shift took a bow.

<Time skip>

Undyne laughed. "Nice one punk. Whaddya say to coming over to my house for lunch, everyone?"

Red told them she had to make sure her boyfriend hadn't tripped somewhere and couldn't get up. You and Melody came along with them.

Red x MK? yes.

"Shift, that was incredible! What was that attack?" Melody asked. Shift chuckled and said she was trying to learn an attack from Sans. "It's still hazy though, I need more practice." She explained.

The fish house looked at the four of you angrily. An old basketball hurtled towards your head. You ducked. The ball's owner ran up, catching it, and shooting it into the hoop behind her.

She looked at you, suspicious. "A new human? Huh. You'd think they'd have warning signs up at the entrance by now." she said. She turned to Undyne, greeting her mother. "How was training today? Can I join in soon?"

"Soon, Jaxlyn. Just need to get the paperwork through." Undyne sighed. The group walked in to the house. Jaxlyn's sister was on the couch watching anime. Undyne opened one of the two fridges. Red light glowed from it.

"Oops, wrong one. That's the hot fridge." she opened the other one.

Hot. fridge.

What?

You were slightly concerned for the sanity of your host.