36.

Joey

My stomach lurches and I lean over to vomit on the floor. But, instead of half digested food coming from my stomach and out of my mouth, it's just spit. It leaves a sour and undesirable taste in my mouth.

I stand and trip over my own feet, I catch myself and sit there for a little while before trying to walk again.

I staggered to my feet and attempted to walk again when I felt a pair of arms grab me by the waist. I instinctively pushed him away.

"Joey. Joey!" I look up at V.

"V!" I nearly cried as I threw my arms around him, unintentionally putting all of my body weight on him. "How... how did you get here?" I knew my breath reeked but he hadn't acknowledged it, not even with a face of disgust.

"We have to get out of here."

I nodded as he took my hand and led me out of the room and down the hallway.

"Wait, V. Wait." I tried pulling my hand out of his grasp but failed.

"What? What is it? What's wrong?"

"I can't... keep going. My stomach..." Before I could finish, he scoops me up in his arms and continued on.

I wish I could kiss him, but the thought of moving, made me sick again. I grip onto him and bury my face in his chest.

"Don't worry, Joey. I'll get you out of here safely." He whispered. I wrapped my left arm around his neck to pull myself closer.

It was almost like a dream. I was finally getting out of this and could live my life normally. Not having to worry about a psychopath controlling me every step of the day.

I could feel his heart pounding inside of his chest. I knew that he was scared and yet, he wasn't saying anything about it. Maybe it was because he didn't want to burden me or just because then wasn't the right time.

Looking up into his brown eyes, I could tell. His pupils shifted warily and he knew that at some moment, there was a possibility that he may loose me again.

We had gotten close to the exit when he finally set me down. I leaned against him as the wooziness set in again. "Joey, I have to tell you something..." I can hear the uncertainty in his voice. He turned the lock on the door.

"What is it, V?" I mumbled.

"Do you trust me?"

"What? What's your point?"

"Please. Just answer the question. Do you trust me?"

I looked up at him.

"Yes. Of course I do."

"How much?"

"With my life."

He placed his hands on my shoulders and parted his lips to speak when he was interrupted.

"Well, look who it is," I looked over my shoulder at Zitao who wore a smirk and held a weapon, ready to use it on either of us. "You just couldn't stay away. You know you just made this too easy right?" He chuckled. "Now I get to kill you in front of her. Any last words?" He held the jagged tip of the weapon in his hand and ran his finger across the end.

"Exhale, Joey." V warned.

We both looked at him confused. Swiftly, he pushed the door open and shoved me out into space. I panicked. My heart leaped into my throat and I almost shit myself. I looked at him in the doorway of the space craft as I floated away.

My body aimlessly traveling away from the ship. I pushed out the last of the breath I had in my body and waited until my hands and nose became cold.

I closed my eyes and felt the beat of my heart slow down. I heard it and waited for whatever was supposed to happen to happen already.

Warm hands grabbed my hoodie and I opened my eyes to see Seokjin. He placed a strange bubble over my head which allowed me to breath properly.

"Seokjin!" I cheered. He smiled back, wrapped his arm around me and led me to safety.