37.

V

   "You fucking idiot!" he takes one swing at me and knocks me on the floor. I get back up. "Who the fuck do you think you are?! You all are always screwing up my plans." He zapped me.

I jerked my arm away and grabbed his weapon.

   "I'm going to fucking kill you. How dare you touch her."

   "Ooh," he replied mockingly. "He thinks he's tough because he can cuss and his eyes glow red." He chuckled, then stared deep  into my eyes and said, "She was a good fuck."

I slammed him down and held the pointed staff at his throat, crushing his windpipe. He laughed as he gasped for air, he scratched at my hands but I was not letting up.

   "What did you just say?"

   "I said--" I moved the weapon from his neck and watched as he heaved and held his stomach.

   "I dare you to say it again," I pointed the weapon towards him. He looked up at me with his lifeless eyes.

   "She was a good--" before he could finish, I threw the weapon down and jabbed him across the face. I grabbed his collar and watched his smirk turn to a frown as my eyes grew red with fury.
"You really think you can kill me?" He scoffed.

   "Watch me."

   "While you're busy with me... who's with Joey?"

   "My brothers. I know she is. She's fine, so you can't trick me."

   "Are you sure?" He stared into my eyes and my thoughts felt invaded. My mental control had vanished and my mind wasn't my own. "You should check on her."

I let go of him and turned away towards the door. Before my hand could reach the handle, there was an excruciating pain as I fell to the floor. As I was leaving, he took the chance to hit me over the head.

I put my hand on the spot where I was striked and felt the blood running down to my ears. I looked at the  vibrant green color on my fingers.

   He placed his foot on my back as I laid there losing blood. The cut was drastic and I was quickly becoming dizzy. "Yeah, I'm also a telepath, forgot to mention." He sneered. "I would finish you off but, that doesn't seem necessary does it." He shook his head. "Maybe, I should. Don't want to leave a job unfinished. "

He pressed his foot down on my back and I could feel my back dislocate in multiple areas. My organs were about to burst and I gritted my teeth as the rage built up inside of me, ready to snap any minute.

My vision became red as it had many times before. My body ignored the pain as I pushed myself off of the floor.

That's when I blacked out.

When I got back in touch with reality, I was hovering over his unconscious body, the entire shuttle was destroyed. Wires and lights hung from the ceilings. Smoke filled the air and there were multiple dents in the wall. I heard a voice tell me to stop. Not my own, but someone else's.

   "Stop, V. Put the weapon down." A voice commanded. I looked to see a long bloody jagged pipe in my hand.

I quickly dropped it as I came to realize what I had done. I turned to see who the familiar voice belonged to.

   "Baekhyun?" I asked myself, not believing my eyes.

   "In the flesh." He smiled and winked at me.

   "Jongin? Kyungsoo?... Suho?"

   "Nice to see you too." Kyungsoo said in his monotone voice.

   "Suho, are these your brothers? Wait, that's your brother?" I pointed to Zitao who was beginning to wake up. "You're not from Earth?"

   "No. We were only on Earth in search of him." Jongin pointed to Zitao and with just a swift motion of his hand, made neutralizing handcuffs appear on his wrists.

   "And now that our job is done, there's no need to see each other every Monday through Friday, nine to five." Kyungsoo added.

   "What are you gonna do to him? Lock him up?"

   "I'm afraid that's all we can do for now. The council will decide the rest." Suho nodded.

   "We'd better go before he regains strength," Baekhyun started towards his evil brother and pulled him off of the ground by his arm.

   "Should I go with you guys?" I asked.

   "No." Jongin shook his head. "Go back to Earth with your wife." He advised kindly. "We know how much you've missed her."

   "I hope we can see each other again."

   "Oh, we will. I'm certain." Kyungsoo cracked a smile.

And even in the worn down  bloody state I was in, I smiled back.