9 "When I Sing, You Sing Harmonies."

TW- RAPE AND SEXUAL CONTENT
Roughly edited.

I stood there in shock for a second, my jaw hanging limply and heart erratically thudding. Each and every beat of my heart echoed and reverberated throughout my whole body, sending cold vibrations through my bones and shaking me to the core.

Michael sat shirtless, jaw agape, and tied to a chair by white ropes—now slightly stained a dark crimson. JD snapped his head towards me, animalistic anger screaming out from his eyes. His lips drew back, in true animal fashion and a low growl sounded from his throat.

Deep cuts were slashed all over Michaels's face. One of them started at his chin and laced deeply through his bottom lip, crimson blood stained his teeth.

My breath hitched, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Hey darling? I'm kinda busy right now. Go upstairs."

I closed and opened my mouth, running my thumb over the palm of my sweaty hand. I squeezed my eyes shut and strugglers to speak a coherent sentence.

"Ok, I-I'm sorry baby."

"Rich?" Michael questioned, snapping his head up, and straining against the rope. The look he sent me nearly collapsed my shaky knees. His eyes were glossed over with a thin film of tears. Pain and betrayal managed to shine through that curtain of water.

JD shot forwards and punched Michael, his head snapped backwards with the force of the blow. The soft plink of his tooth hitting the floor rang in my ears.

"Don't you ever say my boyfriends name again." JD spat at him.

I stumbled backwards, briefly paralyzed in fear, then I rushed up the stairs and into the hallway. I shut the door to the basement and leaned against it, my fingers curling into fist. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and distanced myself from the door.

I punched the familiar number into my phone and brought it to my ear.

"911, what's your emergency?"

Suddenly this seemed all too real.

"Well I-I. Uhm, th-the emergency is..." I trailed off, words escaping me.

"Sir? Are you still there?"

"Yes, I just-I just-"

"I'm going to need you to communicate clearly sir."

"I just walked into my basement and saw my boyfriend had tied up my best friend, and was l-like hurting him and shit." My voice cracked as I held back a throaty sob.

"Are you in any immediate danger?"

"Not that I know of."

"And where are you?"

I gave her the house address.

"Please exit the building, help is on the way."

"Thank you." I wiped my eyes.

"Is it okay for me to hang up now?"

"Y-Yes."

"Ok sir. Stay calm and leave the building. Help will be there soon."

I took a deep breath, and she hung up.

The front door of the house had never seemed so far away. I quickly rushed past the basement door, a chill rushing down my spine. Nearly every step after that I looked over my shoulder, expecting JD to come bursting out from the basement door, but he didn't.

I finally reached the door. My nerves screamed with dread and anticipation. Just as soon as I had grabbed the doorknob, I felt a hand on my shoulder. The hand snapped backwards and a horrendous, searingly painful sensation struck my shoulder like lightning.