Chapter 41-- Willow

Chapter 41

Willow

I shake my head furiously.

"That's not an option." I say. "So what? You think you are going to have another episode and attempt to kill me?"

"I've already tried twice, Willow!" Axton bellows, "as long as I'm alive you won't be safe."

I reach forwards and slap him as hard as I can. His face snaps to the side, hand rising to rub his reddened cheek.

"What the hell—" He begins before I get up in his face.

"Unless you can guarantee that this will happen again, that this episode will come back over you, then I suggest you shut the hell up. Because I'm not going to kill you unless I absolutely have too."

He glances at each and every one of us before he nods. "Alright."

"Alright?" I repeat.

"I can't guarantee I'll do it again. But if I do you have to promise to kill me right when it happens."

I nod. "Okay."

"Say it. Say you promise to kill me if it happens again, Kindred." Axton says sternly.

"I promise." I repeat back to him.

"So, where are we going?" He asks.

"Avery says pharmacy. My neck is immensely swollen and I can hardly breathe, and Demetria is still in the healing process from the attack that took place back in the facility."

Axton frowns and sighs. "Gauze for the minor wounds, but I have some stuff from the Jotunn Facility I can use for your neck and also for Demetria's leg," he grins.

"Like?" Avery rolls her eyes.

"Just get me to a Jotunn infirmary," he reaches across me and grabs up his helmet. "I'll explain it there."

+++

Demetria leans on Eli for support as we walk. Avery supervises Axton from behind, making sure he isn't going to attempt to kill me a third time. Somewhere in the back of my mind I appreciate her protection but at the time I find it extremely annoying.

"Eli, you do know where the Jotunn infirmary is, right?" Avery pipes up.

"Yep. I memorized the map of Exitium," he nods, glancing back at Axton with a look of disgust, "lucky for Axton here it isn't a long trip."

"Look, Elijah, I'm just trying to help Willow and Demetria. They have bad wounds, I am simply helping it heal faster."

Eli rolls his eyes.

"Now, if everyone could please put their helmets on." Axton requests.

"Why?" Avery asks.

"Because this infirmary is still a working infirmary, which means Jotunn are going to be present. And we are all extremely high up on their wanted list."

"Helmets it is." Demetria sighs, fastening her helmet.

"The infirmary is just ahead," Eli mumbles and continues walking, hand fastened around Demetria's waist.

+++

Eli comes to a stop in front of the shittiest looking building. Bricks are absent from where they belong, leaving a hollow space in the concrete. Windows are busted, glass littering the ground beneath. Shingles are knocked loose, the gutters dangling down in front of the door. Inside the small, deteriorating building are several moving figures. It doesn't take me long to figure out the silhouettes belong to Warriors.