Chapter 3 - A Spark

Khiya

I woke up, sensing someone beside me. I looked up into James' sleeping face.
He's a cutie, just accept him already. My wolf, Shadow, urged.
I will, okay? Just give me some time to think. I replied. I silently tried to get out of the huge bed without James noticing. Nope, not gonna happen. Muscular arms snaked round my waist and pulled me backwards into a rock hard chest.

'Where do you think you're going, speciosa?' God, his sleepy voice was so sexy.

'To get a glass of water.' I giggled. 'What does that mean?'

'Speciosa is Latin for beautiful, mea se.'

'Oh, I know that one! It means my sweetheart. Aw, cute. Do you speak a lot of Latin? It's a beautiful language.'

'Only what my grandmother taught me. So, what do you want to do today?'

'But I thought- school?'

'Fuck school. If the alpha and his mate want to stay home, then we will.' He growled, gently kissing my nose. 'Wear the clothes you wore yesterday, sweetheart, we're going to your house.' I untangled myself from his arms, removing myself from the vast, king sized bed. I picked up my clothes, running to the en suite bathroom. I got changed and we headed downstairs. We were just about to leave when I heard a high, feminine voice.

'That's not another little skank, right James?' I stopped dead in my tracks. James grabbed my shoulders and put me behind him.

'That's not how you treat my mate. The future Luna of this pack deserves respect.'

'Mate? She is your mate? That filthy rogue is going to be the Luna of this pack?' I stepped out from behind James. I glared at the blond bimbo and crossed my arms.

'Skank? Filthy? Bitch better watch her mouth.' I grasped James' hand and walked to the car. 'So, who was that?' I asked when he had started driving.

'Uh, Sylvia? Um, she's kind of my cousin...' He trailed off, leaving me furious at myself.

'Oh, shit. I'm sorry, I didn't realize.'

'Not your fault. She is a bitch. She deserved everything you said and more.' He whispered.  One of his hands dropped just to the left of the gear stick, I placed my hand next to his, gently overlapping our smallest fingers. A small smile played on his lips as I saw him visibly relax in his seat. We got to my house and I had a sudden thought.

'What about my car?'  I must have looked horrified because he pushed a stray hair back, behind my ear and placed his hand on my cheek before he answered.

'I'll call someone. They can come pick up your keys and bring your car back. Don't worry about it.' He gently kissed my cheek and got out of the car. Butterflies caught fire in my stomach as he opened my door and helped me. What was I getting myself into?

'You'll, uh, have to excuse the boxes,' I said as I unlocked the front door, 'I haven't unpacked everything yet.'

'Don't worry,' he said as I opened the new, white door, 'if I get my way, you'll unpack at the pack house, not here.' I shut the door behind us and as soon as I turned around, I was pinned against a wall between two large hands. His green eyes darted to my lips and quickly back up to my eyes. He lightly pecked my cheek, close to the corner of my mouth. He smirked and walked away in the direction of the living room. I whined in protest. I walked upstairs and got a pair of yoga pants and a Nirvana shirt out of my closet, laying them on the bed.

'I'm going in the shower, okay?' I yelled loudly, receiving a chuckle in response. I stepped into the small shower cubicle and closed the curtain behind me. I heard the door open and close, but didn't think about it too much. That is, until I finished up in the shower. I got out of the steamy cubicle and headed towards the towel rack. I discovered my towel had apparently disappeared completely. My stomach lurched. I twisted the doorknob, while standing behind the door, and popped only m head out. I saw James looking at me with a grin on his face. 'Oh, just fuck off and pass me my towel.'