Six| The Manipulation

Riley

All eyes were on me as I walked into the office

All eyes were on me as I walked into the office. Alan met me at the door with my latte and a chocolate chip muffin, so I was already on alert. "Brad, wants to see you in conference room A." He spoke, flashing a sympathetic smile.

"Already?" I mumbled to myself. "Thank you." I let out a deep breath and made my way to the other side of the office to meet with my boss.

When I walked into the room and saw the word Harem on the white board my damn stomach fell to my feet as I looked through the glass windows, seeing the rest of the office. Since I could clearly see them, I knew they could clearly see this display.

"Brad, what the fuck?" I walked over to the board and ran my hand over the word, erasing it. "What are you doing?"

His eyes were on the brand new Gucci bag I slammed on the table. "Did Yasir buy that on the shopping spree you had yesterday?" I threw a side-eye in his direction before I walked over to the windows and closed the curtains, so we could have the privacy that we needed. "I read through the outline you sent last night."

"You're gonna blow this story up before I even have a chance to really get my damn hands on it. What is wrong with you?" I took a sip of my coffee as I sat across the table from him, waiting on a response. "Huh?"

"I'm just trying to make sure you know this isn't forreal. From the videos on the red carpet, the chemistry can be seen from a mile away."

"Isn't that the point?" I took a bite out of my muffin and watched the smug look on his face grow into a lighthearted smile. "The point is to make him fall for me and trust me, right?"

Brad nodded his head before pulling out his iPad. "As long as you're not forgetting your role in this." He made sure to clarify that part. "I'm going to be honest, I didn't think you would be able to pull this off." I wasn't even offended because he didn't think I was Yasir's type but obviously that wasn't the case. "But you're doing great. He's sharing all of this information with you without getting you to sign documentation. You must have really put it on him."

Tilting my head to the side, I chuckled. "Excuse me?"

"I'll take over from here, Brad. Thanks." Sterling Rose, the new editor of Associated Press walked into the room, holding the door open, dismissing this rude asshole that was seated in front of me. He looked like he wanted to object but didn't say another word as he snatched up his things and exited.

My eyes were locked on the beautiful dark-skinned woman as she made her way into the room. She glided to her seat with a small smile on her features.

"Nice to finally meet you, Riley." She held her hand out. I shook it and took a sip of my beverage. "I know I'm new at this office but I've been with the company for a while. When you emailed the story directly to my assistant, Brad didn't like that you overstepped but I, on the other hand am very intrigued. Why do you think an exposé is the way to go with this?"