Nine| Domino Effect

Riley

What exactly is the long term goal of being a sister girlfriend? This is a question that I cannot find an answer to

What exactly is the long term goal of being a sister girlfriend? This is a question that I cannot find an answer to. I've wrecked my mind for the last three days and I can't find a response that would willingly make a woman that has self love consider this situation. This is not to bash any woman that has been in this situation, is currently in this situation, or is considering being in it. The current goals are more than appeasing but what exactly is the gain? A few bags, heels, and a paid mortgage? Once that grows old, then what?

The three keys to successful relationships are honesty, loyalty, and open communication. Without one, eventually things will fall apart and I was a witness to the first domino falling in the harem world around me. It doesn't matter how honest a man can be, that doesn't make the truth hurt less. That honesty doesn't mean you have to accept it because it's the truth and that is where a lot of people get misconstrued.

But above all, if loyalty is missing, what do you really have?

"Riley," Yasir called out, handing over a glass of champagne. I exited out of my notes application and locked my phone, placing the device face down beside me as I continued to enjoy the scene around us. "You good? You seem distracted."

I almost chuckled because he spent the entire day yesterday mourning Aaliyah. He must have been confused but I had told him weeks ago that he couldn't control anyone's emotions. It was a shame he had to learn the hard way but at least the lesson was taught.

"You're the one to talk." I replied, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

He furrowed his brows before taking a sip of his drink. "What you mean?"

"You know exactly what I'm referencing."

A light chuckle left his lips as he laid back and stared up at the sky. I kept my eyes on him, watching his facial expression. "Want me to be honest?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, I do." The admission slipped out without a second thought. I needed to get inside his mind.

"I know there are women that don't fuck with what I have going on but Aaliyah has been there with me through a lot of shit." He shifted his head and stared at me. "I'm tryna talk to you bout the next chick but this shit is rough." I didn't say anything as he continued. "But you being here definitely makes it worth it." He shrugged his shoulders, trying to keep on the nonchalant face.

"Yasir, you don't have to lie to me. She was in your life for 5 years. Ending it cannot be easy and you don't have to pretend it is." With that being said, I raised the champagne glass to my lips and took a sip. We both knew I was telling the truth and he needed to admit it and come to terms with it. At the moment, he was trying to front like he didn't give a fuck or could careless when we both knew that wasn't the truth. It was the furthest thing from it.