Seventeen| In My Feelings

I know it's been a while. Almost a damn month 🤦🏽‍♀️ but I think pushing through this chapter got my blood flowing again for this story. Thanks for your patience. I appreciate it and hope the wait was worth it.

—Shaneria 💙

———-

Yasir

Five.

"I have to go." Riley whined, trying her best to avoid eye contact. "Just let me go." She pleaded.

Four.

"You really don't want to bring in the new year with me?" The champagne was flowing through my veins and I didn't want to be alone, especially not right now.

Three.

"I can't keep doing this with you." The tears clouded her vision as she tried her best to blink them away.

I placed my hand on her cheek, cupping her face. "Don't do this. I can make you happy. We can make this work."

Two.

"You'll never forgive me." A single tear slid down her bare face as she pecked my lips.

One.

"Bye Yasir."

Before I even had a chance to grab her, she was gone as partygoers surrounded me. I pushed my way through the crowd, looking, searching, hoping to find her but I didn't. She was gone and for the first time, I felt alone. Even with the dozens of people in my mansion, one of the only people I wanted around was gone and she wouldn't give me a reason. She wouldn't even give me the decency of telling what I had done wrong. Or what she had done wrong. She just ran away and it felt like the beginning all over again. I had laid everything out for her, switched shit around, did whatever I could to accommodate but it still wasn't enough and I couldn't help but wreck my brain to know where I went wrong. When? How? Why?

But I was tired of trying to figure it out.

"Happy New Year, Riley." I downed the rest of the alcohol in my glass and made my way back inside to try and enjoy this party but for some unknown reason, I couldn't. My mind drifted to the the woman that had just walked out of my life and I had never felt this gnawing feeling that was in the pit of my stomach. Something was off. What did she mean I would never forgive her? What the hell did that even mean?

The thoughts were quickly placed at the back of my mind as Kima surprised me, throwing her arms around my neck, wishing me a happy new year. I placed my hands on her hips and returned the sentiment, briefly forgetting about Riley. This was the first time Kima had actually obliged and flew out to me. Normally an excuse would appear out of thin air but not right now. She was here in front of me, smiling.

"Why didn't you tell me you were comin'?" I leaned down and whispered in her ear, feeling the shiver as it traveled down her frame.

"That's the point of a surprise." She replied before kissing the spot behind my ear, making my dick twitch. "It was a last minute decision. I knew I wanted to wake up in your arms for the new year."