Twelve| Collide

Yasir

I let out a deep sigh and took a large gulp of the champagne in my glass. Zoe was next to me, smiling and greeting guests as we made our way through the room. It was New York Fashion week and she wanted me to be her eye candy for the next few days. I wasn't opposed to it but I really didn't want to be out in this crowded ass room either.

"You look very unhappy." A small smile spread across her face, not quite reaching her eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders and took another sip. "I'm cool."

She didn't say anything as her eyes stayed locked on me. "You could at least not lie to my face."

I really didn't feel like arguing. So I opted out of responding as she grabbed my hand and continued to lead the way through the crowd. Zoe grabbed a drink off of a tray as a waiter passed by and took a small sip.

We walked up to a semi circle of our industry friends and their significant others. I talked and loosened up as the night went on and the alcohol flowed through me.

"Ant, what up boy?" Kelly Oubre called out, drawing my attention to Riley as she smiled at different people as she clung to Anthony Davis. I let out a low chuckle and shook my head. I guessed this was why she wasn't answering my text messages.

"What's good?" Anthony replied before making his way from person to person offering a side hug to the women and a dap to the men, introducing his guest along the way.

When Riley's eyes landed on me, it was clear she had already spotted me from the small smirk that played on her lips. I placed my hand on Zoe's hip and pulled her closer to me before I leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"I can't wait to get you out of this dress."

Her dark cheeks reddened as she playfully hit my chest, letting her hand drag down my chest. "Behave."

I smirked because surprisingly enough, I hadn't touched her since we'd been at the condo for the last week. It seemed to have bothered her at first but with the way the liquor was flowing through me tonight, I was going to fuck the shit out of her on the ride back to the spot.

By now the other couple was in front of us. I greeted Anthony as I always did, in a friendly manner. I had no beef with him. He had never done anything to me but the woman standing next to him had my blood boiling and I'm sure she knew that. But I didn't play childish games. It just wasn't in me.

"Hey," Riley spoke as she leaned in for a hug. "Good to see you again."

"You too." I kept my response short as I patted her back twice and pulled away, focusing my attention on the woman that was next to me. "I think I saw Renell and Ferg over there."

Zoe's eyes widened because the two women were childhood friends. "Let's go speak."
I nodded my head, allowing her to lead the way to the other side of the room.

For the next thirty minutes, I was actually enjoying the scene in front of me. It had nothing to do with the party or Zoe being on my arm, it had to do with Riley burning a hole through my face. She had been staring at me since she got here. It was obvious that I had kept an eye on her as well but she wasn't even being discreet with her shit.

"I'll be back." I spoke to my date as I headed to the balcony with a fresh glass of champagne in my hand. The cool night air hit my face as I stared out into the spacious backyard. This house wasn't too far from mine and it was honestly taking everything in me not to head out. The alcohol was flowing through me and I was tired.

A figure came and stood next to me and from the scent of Guilty Gucci, I knew exactly who decided to join me. I didn't even turn in her direction as I took a sip of my drink.