Fifteen| Truth Hurts

Riley

"Can I ask you a question?" Yasir tried his best to stifle a yawn as he slowly nodded his head

"Can I ask you a question?" Yasir tried his best to stifle a yawn as he slowly nodded his head. We were on the jet heading to Atlanta. Once we landed, I was getting on another flight back to Charlotte. "Who's your favorite?"

"What you mean?" His eyes were trained on me as he listened closely.

"Who's your favorite girl?" He let out a small chuckle before shaking his head. "You don't have to say me." My bottom lip found its way between my teeth as I stared at him, anticipating his answer.

"I wasn't." A small smirk appeared on his face, making me roll my eyes at the cockiness I had grown to love and hate. He broke our eye contact as he continued to think on it. "Kima."

Nodding, I leaned back in my seat and tried my best not to laugh but this was hilarious. "Of course you pick the chick you go months without seeing."

Yasir let out a loud sigh. "The longest I've gone without seeing her was six weeks. It would be shorter if she actually wanted to come to me." The sadness that I heard in his voice honestly caught me off guard. His usual nonchalant attitude was one of the reasons I couldn't take him seriously but at this moment, it was clear he did feel shit. "Don't look like that. I told you when I'm with you, I'm with you. You're the one that insists on bringing up other women."

Fair point.

"No one has never told you not to ask shit you don't want the answer to?"

"Spicy." I replied, angling my body away from him. "There was no need for you to get defensive. I wanted to know that's why I asked. Just because the truth is told doesn't mean it has to be accepted and/or respected. When will you understand that?"

Just that quick the air around us shifted. The tension was thick and I had no one to blame but my curiosity.

"Kima has money. She was born into it, so fancy trips and shit don't impress her. Not trying to downplay our little rendezvous but all she really wants from me is my time, my attention. We're both busy so she can't just come to me. So when I can fly in to see her, it's different."

"You're putting in the time and effort instead of her having to rearrange her shit to see you." I stated because that had to be what made it different but he still didn't care enough to be loyal to her. "However, I have money and I still love to be spoiled on someone else's dime."

"Being born in it and starting from the bottom are two different things." It didn't sound like he was defending her decisions, instead trying to make me understand and honestly I couldn't. "I still spoil her." He replied after a brief moment of silence. "She just started doing nails. She really likes it and she honestly does a good job, so I bought her a building in Buckhead."

My head turned so damn fast at the revelation. "That was....nice." He looked so proud as he rambled off this random shit to me. It was hard to suppress my eye roll as I turned in the opposite direction.