Chapter 5

Maddie POV

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. I slowly opened my eyes and rolled to the other side of the bed and picked up.

Mom: Where the fuck are you? You were supposed to be here 3 hours ago! 3 FUCKING HOURS! I SWEAR TO GOD I AM GOING TO FURE YOU!

Me: Calm down mom. I miss one day and you threaten to fire me! You know what I'm sick of you! I quit!

Mom: YOU CANNOT QUIT! I AM YOUR MOTHER-

Me: I'm 20. Just because your my mother it doesn't mean you get to control me like this, not anymore! I quit! Find yourself a new slave! Try Ally! She was always your favourite anyway!

I hung up and checked my notifications.

13 text messages

27 missed calls

Jesus, she really outdid herself this time!

I scrolled through the calls and notice one of them is from Dom. He also left a text telling me to call him when I wake up. I called him and after a few seconds he answered.

Dom: Hiiiiiiii! I'm guessing you're awake? Sorry if I woke you up! Just wanted to ask you if you wanna hang out today, I've a new idea for a song and really need your help with it!

Me: Woah, slow down! I just woke up! I can meet you in about 2 hours if that's fine with you?

Dom: Sounds good! I'll pick you up! Byeeee!

Me: Byeeee!

I said and hung up.

I went to the kitchen and ate some cereal because I didn't feel like making anything else. After I was done I went to my closet and picked out an outfit. I decided on a black and red striped sweater, blue jeans with a black belt. After I was done with my outfit I decided to do a little makeup. I put on a lipstick that matched the red on my top and did a winged liner.

By the time I was done it was still a little early for Dom so I cleaned my room a little

By the time I was done it was still a little early for Dom so I cleaned my room a little. I've barely even been in it these last couple of weeks I didn't notice what a mess it was. My mother had made me work more than anyone else there just to make sure I'm not "wasting my life with that stupid music". Why did I stay there so long? She's barely even paying me... I guess I was just trying to make her stop hating but I don't think that'll ever happen so FUCK IT!

I heard the doorbell ring and ran to the door. It was kind of early for Dom but I didn't mind it cause it's not like I've anything to do so him being early is actually nice. I opened the door and couldn't believe my eyes.

"Jess..." was all I managed to say as she just made her way into my apartment carrying a suitcase. I didn't notice her bags at first but once I realised what was happening I lost it." What the fuck do you think you're doing? You can't just come back here after what you did to me-"

"Relax. It's still morning people might be sleeping."

"It's 12:30." Which means half an hour until Dom comes." And you need to leave. Now!" I walked back to the door and opened it showing Jess her way out.

"Babe, I don't have a place to stay-"

"YOU don't get to call me babe! Never again!" I walked up to her and grabbed her bag throwing it out of my apartment.

"What was that for?" She said looking confused.

"FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed still standing at the door.

Suddenly I saw Dom carrying his guitar walking up to me looking very confused." Maddie! I know I'm a little early but I didn't have anything to do so-" he paused examining Jess, then he looked at me and I think noticed how upset I looked. I gave him a look back hoping he knew that he had to play along with what I was about to do.

"Dom!" I exclaimed and walked up to him and hugged him. I grabbed his hand and walked up to Jess." Jess this is my boyfriend, Dominic! Dom this is Jess."

He took his other hand out of his pocket and held it out to shake hers. I smiled and they both looked really confused.

"I knew bisexuals are cheaters! Of course you've already moved on! You never cared about me! Why did I even think of giving you a chance to get back after what you've done to me! You were selfish! Still are! You should've come out to your parents earlier if you didn't want me to sleep with other people! Why did I even try to put up with you! I'm leaving!" She said walking out.

"That's what I've been telling you to do for the past half an hour!" I said and waved at her.