Part 6

Maddie POV

"Are you okay?" Dom said closing the front door.

"Not really. I can't believe she was just here and she tried to use me again." I sighed and wiped a tear." Sorry you had to see that. I tried to kick her out but she just kept telling me shit-"

"It's fine. You don't believe what she said, right?" He asked looking a little concerned and hugged me.

"Most of it is probably true but-"

"No it's not! I might've only met you about 2 days ago but I know for a fact that nothing she just said is true!" He said still hugging me.

We stayed like that for a bit. I don't know exactly how long but I didn't want this moment to end, for the first time in years I felt safe and cared for.

"Let's go get ice cream! My treat!" Dom said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

We went to an ice cream shop nearby. It had a ton of flavours. There were probably over 30 of them. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK?( me everytime I get ice cream)

"What do you want love?" Dom said smiling at me, still holding my hand.

"I think I'll go with strawberry. What are you getting?"

He stared at the flavours for a bit and then ordered." Can we have one scoop of strawberry and I'll get chocolate."

The girl selling them smiled at us and gave us our order. We walked to the place I'd shown Dom yesterday. We knew no one was going to be there and he still hadn't shown me the song he was talking about. It's pretty close to my house so it didn't take us too long to get there.

When we got there we sat on the rocks next to the shore." So I couldn't really sleep last night and wrote a song. I want to play it to you and I thought this would be a great place to sing without anyone overhearing." I nodded and he started playing his guitar.

"Hiding here in camouflage but still you want me, you love me, you need me. Call it casual sabotage, it finishes easy." He sang softly, it was way different than other songs I've heard him sing."I'm trynna get to sleep with the lights on, cause I am confused and I'm frightened, I'm trynna get to sleep with the lights on, cause I don't understand this on my own." This part was louder and you could feel the emotion in his voice."I'm just a messed up kid with sewn up lips, I can't take this shit, I need to exist."

*After Dom finished the song*

His voice is so amazing. I was left speechless. I didn't realise I was staring at him until he asked me." Did you like it?"

I nodded, just now realising my mouth was open." I loved it! I didn't know you could sing like that!"

"Thanks!" He smiled widely and looked away. Was he... blushing? I'm probably imagining it.