Chapter 2

Dom POV
Maddie walked in and started looking around trying to find me. I waved at her and she came up to me. I just realised she was a really pretty girl. I must've stared at her for a while because she suddenly shouted." Hi!"

"Hello!" I smiled at her.

"Do you want to do the soundcheck or did you do it already?"

"No I haven't actually. We probably should!" I smiled awkwardly and she just laughed.

After we were done setting up I started teaching her one of the songs.I grabbed my guitar and started playing it. She followed and learned it surprisingly quickly.

After we were done playing we still had some time to kill before the actual show started. We sat on the edge of the stage and I noticed that she actually looked incredibly stressed out." What's wrong luv?"

"It's the first time I'm playing my own songs on stage and I'm just terrified people are going to hate it or I'll mess it up-"

"No you won't. I mean you're actually really good! Your voice is amazing and you play guitar probably better than me!"

"Thanks!" She said and I noticed she was blushing.

"Play your song for me! I'm sure it's amazing!" I said getting up to get her the guitar. She started playing and it was honestly better than I thought it would be which is surprising because I already expected it to be amazing! I started enthusiastically clapping when she finished.

"It's not that good. Not anymore anyways.." She said looking kind of sad.

"Why don't you play the old version?"

"Well it used to be a duet but," she paused and took a deep breath." not anymore I guess."

"I can play it with you if you want? I mean since you're playing with me, I could play with you!" I said and looked at her. She thought about it for a bit but then said." Sure!" With a huge smile on her face.

She started teaching me the lyrics of the original which I somehow managed to learn.

Maddie POV
After we played his songs it was my turn. I took a small break since I'd already sang a few songs.

We came back on stage and I introduced myself. I was more nervous since it was MY song this time.

As I was singing I noticed Dom was staring at me. I decided to ignore since I was in the middle of a song and probably shouldn't be thinking about it right now.

After the song was done everyone cheered and wanted to hear more. I was really happy they liked so I decided, why not? Dom got off of the stage and let me play this one alone.

"This song is called "Colours"." I said and started playing.

I'm just like a painting you stared at a little too much
My lipstick, smudged from your touch
So I add more blue to the picture that we drew
Then a bit of red, I feel like I'm dead
Yet I stand still as you're ripping the pages
My expression as blank as the book
You look into my eyes "any last words"

After I finish the song the crowd applauded and I got off of the stage. I started looking for Dom but he was nowhere to be found.

Dom POV
The crowd really likes her. They shouted at her to play another song. I got off of the stage since I didn't know her song.

She was about halfway through the song and suddenly my phone rang and it was Ashley. What did she want? I've had enough of her but I thought I should answer because I did kind of miss her. I knew I shouldn't miss her after everything she's done to me but I did.

I picked up the phone and went outside. "Where are you?" the voice on the other side of the line said.
"I'm at the show we were supposed to be at together." I said as calm as possible and she laughed.
"And who exactly are you there with? You know that I'm the one people want to see." She was still laughing and it was getting on my nerves.
"I actually don't think anyone cared... I think they like my new guitarist better, Ashley." I paused right before saying her name giving her a taste of her own medicine.

She didn't say anything. I waited a few seconds before ending the call and turning my phone off. I knew she'd try to call me again and I didn't really feel like answering anymore.

I went back inside to look for Maddie. She wasn't on stage anymore so I started looking through the crowd. I couldn't find her. Maybe she went home? I decided to go for a walk since obviously she wasn't inside.

Author's note
I hope you're liking the story so far! Nothing's really happened yet but it will eventually lol