It's Coming Together

It's been a few days and it was quiet at the DPD. Very quiet in fact. Ever since Gavin disappeared after that last "case" or "kidnapping" whatever you want to call it. Connor hasn't stopped thinking about it. Gavin was an android, not a current or regular model, but still an android. Gavin was also okay with risking his life for him. But maybe Gavin already knew it wouldn't end in either of their deaths.

"Connor, you alright son?" Hank asked, bringing Connor out of his daze. Connor didn't answer and instead continued looking at his screen. But Hank could already guess what he was thinking. "Still in shock huh."

"I don't know how I couldn't tell. It should've been obvious... that...one night..." Connor kept thinking about it. Things were moving too quickly, but Connor was too into the moment. Now that he thought about it, there was no way anyone would get over trauma involving someone so quickly.

"...What night?" Hank immediately asked. Right, Connor hasn't spoken of it. Hank held concern in his eyes. Of course he would, Connor was basically a son to him.

Connor immediately thought up an excuse, "Well... He seemed to open up... a lot faster than a normal human would."

Hank left the conversation at that and continued his work. Connor tried to keep working, but the image of Gavin fighting that faker plagued his mind.

~~~

In Elijah's house, Gavin was getting some sort of upgrade. Elijah insisted on giving it to Gavin, believing it'd potentially help him.

"And what exactly is it supposed to do?" Gavin grumbled. Fed up with all these random upgrades he gets whenever he stays at Elijah's.

"You should be able to naturally see and navigate better than any GPS, and android created," Elijah answered. Gavin rolled his eyes, just wanting this to be over. Though it did make him feel a bit better that he could potentially protect himself better. His senses tingled a bit stronger when Elijah finished.

"How are you feeling, brother?" Elijah asked.

"Firstly, I'm not your brother asshole. I'm just a dumb replica..." At that Elijah immediately threw a fist at Gavin, who immediately grabbed it and forced Elijah to the ground. Elijah groaned, but a small smile crept back onto his face.

"Good to know it works, brother."

Gavin loosened his hold and let his head sink. He helped Elijah up and Chloe came up to help brush off any dust or anything that could've gotten stuck to their clothing.

"You should..."

"Not, happening." Gavin didn't even want to know what Elijah was going to say. Instead he just went to hide in his room. Continuing his research on whoever could've been behind the speakers.

~~~

"Connor, it's time to go home."

Connor opened his eyes to see it was 10:54. He and Hank stayed late to file more reports on the case before their three days off. Well supposed three days off. There was always a chance that something would come up and they'd be expected to assist. But hopefully that wouldn't happen.

On the drive home, Connor remained lost in thought. Wondering where Gavin was hiding. After that incident, there was no doubt he and Gavin were back to square one. After fighting the faker, Connor could tell in Gavins movements that he was having a panic attack due to fighting a replica of Connor. But how did anyone manage to get the same type of Android that Connor is from the cyberlife tower. That place is guarded from top to bottom.

Unless it somehow left disguised as him, but how would that work? Maybe a guard let it escape? Connor could think of many ways it could have escaped, but almost none of them were plausible.

"Connor, that's enough thinking for today" Hank said as he pulled up to their house. Connor looked down, still thinking, but this about Gavin. Hank noticed the distressed android and opened up his arms. "Come here son," He said pulling him into a comforting hug. Connor hugged Hank back before they both exited the car.

Not another word was said that night. They both went straight to bed, Hanks eyes getting heavier and heavier the closer he was to his bed. Connor ended up shutting down for the night sitting on the couch, falling into a dreamless sleep.

~~~

Gavins mind numbed as he sat on his bed continuing his research. Every person he suspected didn't make any sense. At least none that existed anymore. There was only one person it could've been, but she didn't even exist anymore. But Elijah never revealed the entire truth on why he left Cyberlife. Or retired, or whatever you want to call it. But when this woman found out that Elijah made a replica of a deceased human being, all she wanted was to experiment on it, her way.

That would've resulted in Gavin basically turning into Connor, but, horrible. At the thought of Connor, he felt his systems beat faster. He began remembering the Investigation room, and how Connor nearly broke him. Then back to not even a week ago when a fucking double fought him once again.

A knock was at his door.

"Gavin, its Chloe."

"Oh, come in." Gavin could use the company. Chloe opened the door, holding a bottle of whiskey in her hands.

"I know you probably shouldn't be drinking at this time, but I figured it would make you feel better" Chloe said with a smile. Gavin chuckled in return and accepted the bottle.

"Thanks Chloe, but won't Elijah get all pissy pants?"

"Don't worry about him, he doesn't drink as much as he used too so he won't notice. And if he does, he wouldn't really care."

A small pause while Gavin took a swig of the whiskey.

"I know who's behind this Chloe" Gavin said turning to face her completely. "It's that bitch Amanda again."