Alby x Reader "We will never find a way out!"

The sky darkened as I made my way back to the Glade. I was late, again. Alby is going to shucking kill me if he finds out. My footsteps became more delicate and slower as rough stone morphed into dense grass. I sighed as the loud grinding of stone could be heard behind me as my body came to a halt. The doors closed slowly and I contemplated spending another night in the Maze. I turned around and took a step towards the Maze. A firm hand latched onto my shoulder, keeping me in the Glade. "Let's not do that again. Remember last time?" I winced at the memories of the time I spent the night in the Maze. Bad idea, but worth it. 

I faced Minho and took his hand off my shoulder. "I just need to find a way out." Minho looked down, his eyes filled with sorrow. The doors shut and I looked back at them. "Last time I spent the night, I found section 7. There is something in that section, I just know it but you never let me run in that section." 

Minho linked arms with me and walked me to homestead. "Yes, you found section 7, but you also got hurt. I can't let you go through that again... Which is why I'm doing this." I looked at Minho, puzzled. He pushed me into a room and locked the door. I tried all I could to open the door but my efforts were futile.

"Open the shucking door Slinthead!"

"(Y/N), please! Don't make this any harder than it has to be." My heart flutters at the familiar voice behind me. I looked at Alby with a smile but that smile faltered when I saw his guilty expression. "You're no longer a runner, you will be working as a cook with Frypan from now on."

My head shot up and I scowled at him. "What the shuck are you talking about!"

Alby rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't want you to get hurt again, you hardly sleep at night anymore!" He stepped closer to me and brushed his hand against my arm. "Minho will find a way out, okay? I can't watch you go through those doors every morning without knowing that you'll come back!" His voice became louder with every sentence.

"We will never find a way out! There is none! We're just teenagers we can't live like this!" Tears rolled down my cheeks. Alby took me in his arms, shushing me softly. I broke free from his grasp and wandered to the other side of the room. Looking at the wall, I refused to face him. "Tell Minho to open the door." Alby sighed and did as I requested. I hurried out the door, walked to my hammock and surprisingly fell asleep.

Turning a corner of the Maze, I pressed myself against the wall. I swept the sweat off my forehead with trembling, blood-soaked hands. The sound of metal scraping against stone could be overheard behind me. I flinched at the deafening noise of a shrieking Griever. Memories, images, and lights flickered through my mind as the Griever got closer. 

"It's going to be okay (Y/N)."

"Everything is going to change!"

"Welcome to the Glade!"

I was brought back to reality by the limb of a Griever crashing down in front of me. I screamed and ran as fast as I could. After a moment or two, I looked behind me and found that the Griever was nowhere to be seen. Why would it just leave? I took a look at my surroundings and found a giant number 7 on one of the walls near me. It's a new section. The same Griever from earlier plummeted down in front of me. It struck my arm and threw me into the wall behind me. 

(Y/N)!

I woke up on the ground, in someone's arms, covered in sweat. I thrashed around till I heard that familiar comforting voice that always makes my heart flutter. "Shh-No, no, Don't panic. It's okay, you're okay" Claiming slightly, my aggressive thrashing became minor squirming. "Just close your eyes, you'll be okay." I did as I was advised and closed my eyes, slumping into a dreamless sleep.

In the morning I woke up in Alby's arms. I slowly got up, being cautious not to wake him, and walked over to the bathrooms. I locked the door behind me and looked into the mirror.  I smiled lightly at my refection. My usually pale skin and flushed cheeks had become more of a healthy color. My split and bleeding lips looked as if they were beginning to heal. Getting around eight hours of sleep really improved my sickly fatigue. I took a quick shower then went to breakfast. 

I took some food from Frypan, some for breakfast and some for lunch. As I was about to put it in my runners' pack, Alby grasped my wrist. "You're not a Runner anymore, I can't let you go back out there." I glared at him and shoved my lunch in my pack before speeding off towards the Maze doors. "(Y/N)! Get back here!" loud footsteps chased after me and caught my waist as I passed the doors. 

Alby hauled me to the slammers and locked me inside. He leaned his back against the door of the enclosure. "(Y/N) look, I love you... And I can't let you tear yourself apart over finding a way out of here." I didn't reply, I sank down against the wall of the slammer. As I closed my eyes, I heard the door to the slammer open. Alby's rough hand softly caressed my cheek making me open my eyes. He gazed into my eyes softly and gave me a small smile. "Can I... May I kiss you?"

I snickered slightly and nodded my head. Alby leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back and after a moment we pulled apart. "I love you too." I yawned and leaned into Alby. His heartbeat calmed me to sleep like a steady melody. Just as I was about to fall asleep a laugh came from the slammers' door.

"You two are extremely adorable together!"

"Slim it Minho!"

____________________________________________________

Thank you for the request laurline 

I hope you like it and if anyone elsr has any requests, please message me.