Chapter Thirty

Yasmin blinked the sleep away from her eyes as her head lay on her husband’s chiselled,naked chest.She blushed as she thought of the night they had spent together,as one.She sat up slowly,not wanting to disturb the sleeping man next to her.She sighed at the fact that she had a light cotton t-shirt on,as she remembered Huzaifa slipping it over her head before they fell off to sleep.Her ever caring husband who could not get any more caring.

Huzaifa opened his eyes as  he heard shuffling,he rubbed his eyes as he turned his head to watch Yasmin walk into their closet.He smiled at the sight of her wearing his tshirt.She looked cute and he could not help,to think back at last night.He laid back,arm behind his head as he thought about her confession of lovee to him.He had been stunned,only to feel like someone had thrown a couple of buckets of water on him before he moved forward.

He sat up,deciding to make breakfast for Yasmin.He made shukar for Yasmin’s amazing thought process,that they perform ghusul before Fajr so that they would not miss their salaah.He walked into the kitchen,he looked around contemplating what to make.His eyes fell on the maple syrup that sat on the counter,he smiled as she reached for Yasmin’s recipe book to search for her waffle recipe.

Yasmin walked out of the bathroom stunned not to see Huzaifa in the room,she walked out and made her way to the kitchen,the small of eggs cooking in tomato masala hit her.She smiled as she walked into the kitchen,smiling at the sight of Huzaifa standing at the stove.She watched him move around as she leaned against the wall.She watched almost too attentively at how his each movement was punctuated by his muscles bunching under his t-shirt.

Huzaifa put the macon in the oil,he smiled when he felt arms wrapped around his waist.He made the stove knob onto low as he turned to face his wife,his arms going around her waist.He looked down at her,a soft almost gentle smile on his face.

“As salaam mu alaykum wifey.How are you?” His voice low,almost husky as he spoke to Yasmin who put her hands on his shoulders.

“Wa alaykum mu salaam.I’m amazing and you?”

Huzaifa kissed Yasmin’s forehead,“I’m better then amazing.How are you feeling?”

Yasmin leaned up to press a kiss on his cheek,“I’m feeling fine.Just perfect.A tad bit soreness but it should go away soon.Take out the macon.I’ll set the table.”

Huzaifa shook his head,arms tightening around her waist,“No,you can go sit outside on the table by the pool.I will bring your food.Tea is almost ready.” Saying that he let go off her,he turned to the stove while reaching for the slotted spoon to take the macon strips out of the oil,“Go Yasmin.I’ll manage.”

Yasmin sighed as she walked away but a smile remained on her face.She stepped out in the sun,blinking to adjust her vision at the beaming sun as she walked to the outdoor table.She sat down,basking in the warmth of the sun.It was as if the sun seemed to be in coherent with her happiness.She leaned back onto the chair as she gazed up at the sky,her lips still tilted into a smile.She really loved this morning but today it all seemed much more beautiful.Shee heard shuffling behind her only to see Huzaifa walking towards the table with a tray in his hands.

“I hope you enjoy it.” He said as he put the tray on the table,placing her plate in front of her along with a cup of tea before he sat down.

“It looks good.MashaAllah.” Yasmin put a morsel in her mouth,closing her eyes as the taste of the different spices hit her tastebuds,“Mhmm this is really good.I’m not going to make breakfast anymore you can make breakfast for us now.”

Huzaifa smiled as he ate,“I don’t mind but Monday breakfast you get to make for me.”

“And why is that?”