eight - riley

I am so excited because iM SEEING 5SOS NEXT JULY JANAJABAKAUAOA IM SO HAPPY but I also don't want to experience pcd you feel. Um today I fell in front of my English class and it was so embarrassing I cried on the inside. Where are you guys from? I'm so curious.

I HAVE TWO DEDICATIONS FOR THE PICK UP LINES, I'M SORRY THAT I WROTE THIS FOR SO LONG. Congrats to SarenaAndMyrna for using "Can I tie your shoes? 'Cause I don't want you falling for anyone else." 

Also to Fooobe for the funny sexual one. There may or may not be sexual content in this story sO. 

OH AND COMMENT YOUR FAV TV SHOWS I WANNA KNOW. Mine's Doctor Who, How I Met Your Mother, and Bones. Such lovely shows.

Alright guys read on and stay cool. :-)

I inhaled deeply as I walked outside of my front door.

"Be home by ten, yeah? It'll be getting dark at eight," said my mother. I have her a quick nod before putting my white scarf snuggle-y around my neck, stepping outside. I checked my purse one more time for my phone and house key. Once I knew they were there, I headed to the park only a ten minute walk.

I hugged my sleeves in my palm as I tried to keep the warmth in, putting on two earbuds before pressing the shuffle button. 'Backseat Serenade' by All Time Low played through the earbuds as I began to walk past the small coffee shop.

One thing I can never understand is Luke. The night of the party, he acted like he never ever believed in my good girl facade. The day after, he acted as if he completely wanted to ignore me. I guess that it's better he ignore than actually talk to me in a rude way, but still. That's the thing about Luke, he 'a indecisive. When he doesn't know what to feel, he doesn't tell you and doesn't work it out. My feelings aren't even in the right place. They're all over and I don't know what to think of him. Most definitely I do not like him, but I don't hate him. I can't hold grudges and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I shook my head at the thought as I walked towards the willow tree in the middle of the grassy field, sitting at the base of the trunk. I took my earbuds out and wrapped them around my phone before putting it back in my bag.

"Riley," I heard a voice breathe. I gasped and turned towards the voice, putting my hand to my heart.

"Luke, you scared me," I replied.

"Obviously," he said. I cautiously scooted to the right to let him sit, placing my hands in my lap. I stared awkwardly at the ground, not sure of what to say. This was definitely strange.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Luke shrugged.

"I like to walk and think." I looked at him.

"What are you doing here with me?" He was quiet for a minute. 

"I just want to," he paused, "apologize." I slowly nodded. 

"Okay..." I trailed off. Luke, apologizing? Weird. 

"Yeah, uh, this is strange, I know. But Michael told me I should talk to you after the incident." He put an emphasis on 'incident'.

"So you talked to Michael about what happened earlier?" 

This confused me about Luke. I knew he was close to his mates and all, I just didn't think he would want to talk about me if he didn't have to. Michael told me the night we had dinner together how Luke liked to keep to himself -obviously- and how Luke liked to talk. Like, really talk. Talk about everything from his a band he's obsessed with to the way that he feels about something. It made me look at Luke in a new light since he seems like the type of person to not care and drink his feelings away.