luke - fifteen

It wasn't a wonder that I was smitten with Riley. The girl who had never spoken a word to anyone was the reason for an actual heart in my chest. I held her close to my heart and I never thought I would become this close to a girl, ever. Yet, here Riley was, prancing into my life without a care and somehow dragged me down on my knees.

She was sitting on my lap as I held her tightly, my arms around her waist and her side pressed against my chest. She leaned down and kissed my forehead, in which I grinned and lifted one of my hands to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear.

"We've literally been in here all day, Luke," Riley whined. I shook my head.

"I like holding you," I replied. I gave her a squeeze.

"But Luke," she complained. Her bottom lip stuck out as she pouted.

"Oh, go put on your shoes and wait for me by the front door," I said, playfully rolling my eyes. She nodded and pushed herself off of the couch, walking to put her shows on. I follwed suit and opened the door, cheesily gesturing for her to exit the house. 

"Such a gentleman, aren't you?" Riley sickered. I stuck my tongue out at her. 

"Just go." Riley chuckled and stepped outside of the threshold of the doorway. The day was so bright, I swear I went blind. There was a faint breeze that could be felt just barely upon the bare skin. Riley didn't bother bringing a jacket (not that she brought one, she has a wierd thing with my clothing) and neither did I. I observed her long hair, I observed the way she crossed her arms loosely as she walked. I swear, she was some sort of angel that God brought upon me. After what I did, I have no idea how I got to be in her life and how she got to be in mine. 

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Riley asked. 

"I just thought we could use some fresh air. You know, you need somewhere between twenty minutes to an hour in sulight exposure. I learned that from health in freshman year," I said. 

"You remember that?" 

"Oddly enough, I do. That, and my brother's wife is a health nut. I could eat a doughnut in front of her and she would smack me so hard I'd wake up in Texas." Riley laughed. 

"I'd like to meet your family." 

"Maybe you will." She blushed and bumped her shoulder against mine. "Anyways, I just thought that we could go to the park and, I don't know." 

"You don't know?" 

"I don't know." 

"You're a real conversation starter, aren't you?"

"I'm not good at planning either." 

"I can clearly see that, Luke." Riley laughed and sat on the bench we approached. I sat down nect to her and folded my hands in my lap. 

"It's a beautiful day...," she led off. 

"Oh, stop with that. I hate those boring old conversation starters," I whined. 

"You're doing no better!" I laughed. 

"Oh, crap," Riley said. She looked backwards once and turned her body forward abruptly. 

"What is it?" 

Riley began to speak with a nervous tone, her thumbs twirling in circles. "My, uh, ex. Yeah, my ex. He kind of cheated on me with a girl whom, oddly, I'm semi-friends with. But I'll get into that later." I nodded and scooted closer to her before we both heard a deep voice begin to talk. 

"Riley Cole, nice seeing you here." The body walked in front of us -more directly at Riley- and smiled. "How've you been?" 

Riley tried to smile, but spoke through her teeth. "Fine. You?" The man chuckled. 

"Good, good. Aren't you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?" 

"He's not my boyfriend." Ouch. "This is Luke. Luke, Derrik." 

"Oh, you mean the Luke?" I only assumed that Riley might have told Derrik what I did to her while they were dating. Although I'm not too keen on them talking shit about me, I would understand it. 

"I suppose so?" 

"You suppose so?" Derrik grinned menacingly. "Should we tell him what we did, Riley?" Oh no, he wants to tell me about their sex capades. Assuming she's not a virgin. 

"Derrik, stop," Riley pleaded. 

"You know, the one where you asked me to drive you to what's-her-face's house. You went up to the front door and told her parents Luke was fucking her in her room? You remember that, Riley? Does that ring a bell?" I felt a little embarrassed about the situation, but more angry. I was humiliated by her father and almost got my dick shot off. I looked at Riley, she was no different than me. Her cheeks were bright red, her head hung low, and she didn't make eye contact with anyone. She looked directly at her lap. 

I got the courage to speak. "You what?" I could barely choke out the words. "You almost got me beaten up," I said, trying my best not to suddenly punch things in front of me, more the less Riley. 

"Look, I was angry with you then and I'm not saying what I did was right -in your case-, okay? That was a long time ago, can we drop it?" Derrik chuckled. 

"I guess I'll see you around. Pleasure to see you again, Riley." Derrik tried to place his hand on Riley's shoulder, but she only flinched. He left, leaving her and I in a dead silence. 

"I'm sorry," she said. 

"To be honest, I don't even know what to feel. I should be angry, I really should be. Fuck, I am angry for you to deprive me of my, you know. But then again, she's a bitch anyways who probably would've spread diseases. I'm not angry because of what I did to make you want to do that to me. I am angry because you never bothered to tell me this either," I said. Riley looked up at me. 

"How the hell was I supposed to bring that up?"

"I don't know! Just somehow. I don't feel like being outside anymore," I said as I stood from the bench and walked in the direction of my house. 

"So you're leaving me here, then?" Riley asked. 

"I think it's best for now. Just give me a little time." Riley stared at me and didn't say a word. I knew there was some things she wanted to say (whether telling me I am crazy or telling me she's sorry, I didn't want to hear it) but she kept silent and choked back any words her mouth wanted to release. 

"Fine, I guess I'll see you around, Luke." She gave me an awkward wave and stood from the bench and walked home. I huffed and turned around. How the hell does someone process this information? I, for one, have never experienced this or know anyone who has. I don't know whether to forgive Riley or go back to the way things were before I found her at the party. No, I can't do that. Riley still means a lot to me. Plus, she doesn't deserve to be treated like shit, even if I don't agree with what she did. I felt so embarrassed in front of her ex, and he helped her out too. God, I don't know what else she'd told him. It's down right humiliating and for fuck's sake, I don't know how I'll handle running into Riley in the hallway at school. I know I have to talk to her someday and I'll make sure it happens. For now, I just want to get home and take a long fucking nap. 

--------

HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU DIDN'T MISS ME TOO MUCH OMG THANK YOU FOR 1926 NOTIFICATIONS AND THE NEW FOLLOWERS! You guys rule and I suck badly. Tell me, i'm thinking of making a twitter account just so I can talk to you guys, how's that? Maybe when I get more reads and stuff. Thank you for waiting! Be sure to comment, vote, and follow! I love you all lots. x