Chapter 24

The rest of December was unlike any other that Hannah had ever experienced.

She had always enjoyed visiting the London Christmas markets with Mikayla. However, last year, she had felt like a third wheel among Mikayla and Damien. Now, for the first time, she was experiencing it with a man of her own, one that loved her immensely and whom she loved in return.

If anyone had told her eight months ago that she would not only have had a boyfriend, but be engaged and pregnant all before Christmas, she would have told them that they needed to share whatever drugs that they were on. After all, who would have thought that so much could have changed in her life within the last year. Hannah was glad for the way things had turned out.

She was a little sad though, since she could not have any of her usual alcoholic drinks. However, Tariq made up for it by buying her lots of other things, such as different flavoured fudge and lots of hot chocolate. Hannah played her usual games with Mikayla and snacked on their favourite treats while the men stood at their sides, proud smiles on their faces.

Too caught up in the activities, she was unaware that Tariq had been watching her. He had been observing Hannah for quite some time, seeing the way her face lit up as they passed through the various stalls. The way her eyes widened when Mikayla pointed out something new to her.

There was a look of pure joy on her face and he could not help but feel his chest expand at seeing how at peace the woman that he loved seemed. To him, her bliss made her gleam more than a star, for he would capture the entire sky if he could, just to see her smile.

"You look so happy," Tariq commented as he put his arm around her.

Blushing slightly, she leaned into him, "I am, so so much."

"Good," he replied as he kissed her temple before adding, "did I mention how happy I am now that you've moved in with me? I love waking up next to you."

Grinning up at him, she teased him as she licked his lips, "I'm sure you do."

With a soft growl he captured her lips and kissed her soundly. The world around them ceased to exist as they shared a simple yet passionate embrace.

With Hannah now pregnant, they decided that she should move into his apartment sooner than intended. Damien seemed most happy about this as he got his wish of only having to decorate one other tree rather than two.

When Christmas Day rolled around, there was so much food, a mix of British, Qatari, Caribbean and French cuisines. Their penthouses were filled with the laughter of family and friends. Hannah and Tariq revealed to everyone present that she was pregnant, which caused the atmosphere to burst with even more joy. On Boxing Day, the festivities continued for Damien's birthday.

December truly ended on a great note, especially given the amazing year that everyone had had. For New Year's Eve, Mikayla and Hannah planned an extravagant party at Damien's penthouse, where they watched the London Bridge fireworks safely from the large balcony.

————— ▲ —————

By the end of January, things were progressing nicely and Dr. Knowles was pleased with the baby's development. When they heard the strong heartbeat for the first time, everyone in the room had big smiles on their faces.

Naturally, Damien and Mikayla were present, as Hannah and Tariq planned to share every special moment with them. The doctor stated that it would be at least another two weeks before they would be able to find out the gender of the baby.

It was currently a Saturday evening and Hannah and Mikayla were once again in the master bathroom, staring at the pregnancy tests that laid on the counter.