4

Lucy and Gray walked into the guild hall with people welcoming them back from every side. After they got through the crowd they walked over to Mira to tell her about their success. Mira was proud of them as she was of anyone who completed a job. Gray and Lucy saw happy at their normal table, but without Natsu, which was quite odd, but they didn't think anything of it at the time. They walked over and sat in front of him.

"Hey Happy, what's up?" Lucy said checking in on the small blue cat.

"Um, nothing much really, but a lot has happened while you were gone." He said a bit nervously, but he seemed nervous for the two of them.

"What do you me..." Gray was cut off with the door slamming open, revealing two silhouettes, a man and a woman. The two people walked in, with the man's arm around the woman's waist, holding her close. Happy jumped up in excitement and flew over to the people. Gray was confused and stood up, so he could see who they were. When he did he almost fell over. It was Natsu and Juvia.

"Welcome back, how was your date?" Happy sounded very interested.

"It was great Happy, Natsu is undoubtably the best boyfriend a girl could ask for." Juvia giggled as Natsu kissed her on the cheek. Gray didn't know what to do. He felt pain in his chest and he didn't know what to say.

"Hey ice princess, how was the job with Lucy?" grinned Natsu while still clutching onto Juvia. Gray wanted to be mad, but how could he. He rejected Juvia more times than he could count. His thoughts were interrupted by a certain water mage.

"Gray, are you ok?" she asked confused. He looked up at her and nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine," no he wasn't, "the job was pretty easy and so was the trip." He said wearing his normal stone face, but he was breaking on the inside.

"That's great! Have you seen Mira? We want to tell her we are going out." Juvia said while gazing at Natsu, while he smiled back.

"Didn't you just get back?" asked Gray with a sad look in his eyes.

"Yeah, but I want to spend more time with my Juvi." Natsu squeezed Juvia and she smiled. "Oh, there she is, later popsicle." They walked over to Mira, leaving Gray frozen in his place. "my Juvi", those words flew around his head. Juvia wasn't supposed to be with Natsu, she was supposed to be with him. She was HIS Juvi, not Natsu's. He couldn't think anymore, he ran out of the guild and kept running. He ran until his legs gave out. He looked up at the moonlit sky and screamed. He let everything out, his sadness, anger, confusion, everything. When he finally stopped he just sat under a tree with a blank mind and face. He didn't know what to do anymore. He sat for a while gathering his thoughts and walked home. On his way he walked past where all the girls lived and Lucy was standing in front of the gate with her face in her hands. Gray walked up to her and engulfed her into a hug and she cried into his chest while he cried on her shoulder. They stood there for a while, finding solace in each other's arms. After they both ran out of tears they looked at each other, both looking broken.

"Do you want to talk at my place?" Gray asked needing someone to share his pain with. Lucy nodded wiping her eyes and walked next to Gray, as he put his arm over her shoulders, trying to comfort her.