Chapter 5: The Chances we get

I am sooo sorry I haven't wrote in a LONG TIME. But thanks to some of my friends they persevered and reminded me to continue my work. You know who guys are. I love you! <3 :) Hope you can forgive me ;) :D. And sorry if its gonna be so short.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the skies out from my window and took a deep breath. I took a longer look at the small present that Zander has given me. Carefully, I untied the ribbon and opened the box. I took it out of the box. It was a silver heart necklace with crystals on it and there were words in the middle of the heart saying 'Forever and Always'. I made a small gasp. It was beautiful. He's really making an effort. He really is.. serious.

~FLASHBACK~

Just a few hours before my party started i went over to Cristie's house. When i got there she took me up to her room right away and shut the door behind her. We sat on the bed then she asked, "How did you feel when he said that he couldn't go? And I want the honest answer"

I let out a deep sigh " Fine. Fine... I'll admit it. I do have a..little.. feeling for him. I did get sad that he won't be able to go."

"Why won't you go out with him?"

" I might not be ready.."

" Are you kidding? It's been a long time Tory. It's time to move on. Probably he could be the one you're looking for."

I laid on my back and said, " Ugh. I dunno. I'm confused Cristie. My mind is telling me not to because my heart might get even more hurt because Zander reminds me of... him. But my heart is telling me to try him out or go out with him cause he really seems like a nice guy and it seems like he... likes me too." I blushed but tried to hide it.

"Well, this time sis I think you gotta follow your heart here. This might even be...love."

"I know i keep saying this but, what if he becomes or is like Stephen. I just can't handle the pain anymore."

"Than he'll be dealing with me. I won't let him do that to you and don't worry I'll keep an eye out for him."

"So... I'll give him a chance...?"

"Hell yeah babe! You totally should." she laughed.

"I'll try... Thanks love." I hugged her and left.

~~~~~~~

Inside the box there was a little note. " Victoria I know Stephen is my cousin and i know what happened between you two. But can you give me a chance? If you say no I promise you i won't bother about these things anymore. But if yes, maybe this Saturday?

Happy Birthday :)"

I was really touched from the gift and the note so I've finally decided that... i definitely had to give him a chance.

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. I paused for a while because that tingly feeling was inside my body and I started to blush. After the 4th ring Zander answered the phone. His voice suddenly made my heart skipped a beat and i don't know why that happened only now. "Hey!"

"Zander Wilmington, I say yes."

"Huh?" he took a quick pause then said," Oh yeah! Really? Seriously? Great! Thanks Victoria. I'll pick you up at 5."

"Ok see ya. By the way thanks for the gift." I said with a giggle.

*CONTINUE TO CHAPTER 6**