Chapter 4:The Ride of my Life

Hey!! The usual VOTE, AND COMMENT. I hope the story is ok and interesting. Please keep reading ;)

I might not be able to write more next week, so i'll try to make alot this weekend. THANKS GUYS FOR THE SUPPORT :)

============================================

November! Hahaha another month has passed. Ever since the whole Zander-date-with-me thing he never went out with any girl. And he kept his crushes confidential to himself or to very few people. Our relationship (friendship) wasn't different it's as if the "thing" never happened. I was glad that he didn't make my rejection too big of a deal. He was very understanding and considerate.

My birthday party is next week! I'll be celebrating in my house. Oh yeah! Sweet sixteen. I'll just invite less than 10 people, my closest friends. My mom and dad promised that they will be going out on that day leaving the house to myself,... and my maid to help me clean up after. Yes, I do have a maid. This will be so awesome I can't wait. I would invite people like Cristie, Jenna, Jake, Anne, some of the other boys, and Zander. He's my seatmate and one of the people whom I always hangout with. I can't let that incident put the both of us hate each other. "You can go right?"

"Duh. Of course I can. I totally have to help you with your outfit."

"Dude do you always have to think about fashion?"

"Ya, pretty much."

"Whatever. I wanna do it myself."

"Aw. You're no fun." Sticking her tongue at me.

"You can go too right Jenna?"

"Yup."

"Yes! So glad you guys can go."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ring!" the bell went. Lunch! I sat with some of my friends in one table and I told them about the party. "Oh my gosh! Sweet sixteen Victoria! I still have to buy your gift!"

"Thanks Cristie."

"Ya I totally can go. I really wanna!"

"Ya I can go too." Everyone said. Everyone except Zander. "Sorry Victoria. I'm going out of the city."

"Oh... I-It's ok." I felt sad, really sad. I don't know why. I'm not supposed to feel like that. I do not like him. Probably it's just because...because-. There was no explanation to the emotion I was having right now.

~~~~~~~~~~

While the teacher wasn't there Cristie walked in front of my chair, bent over and said, "You were sad when he said that weren't you?"in a whisper so low that I can barely hear. It's so that Zander couldn't hear it.

"No I wasn't" I lied.

"Ya right."

"Cristie. Stop it. I don't like him."

"Whatever." She winked at me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Do I like him? I thought. I took a quick glance at him, realizing that my heart just skipped a beat... I think I'm falling for him. But... I don't want to. I feel scared.

~~~~~~~~~

Here I am staring at my ceiling while I lay on my bed. My hands under my head, I closed my eyes and remembered the memories of my past relationship, my first love. It's been a year. Should I take my chances with a guy who's related to my ex. He seems nicer, considerate, and understanding than Stephen. Oh God...I can't think of any other way than the thing that I'm thinking now.

Suddenly my phone rang, receiving a text. "Go to my house ASAP" the text said. It was from Cristie. I stood up and got dressed. Then I left my room with wonder and realization.

~~ ~~~~~~

Today is the day! It's my birthday! I am officially sixteen. People would start arriving any time soon. My parents promised me that they would be gone the whole day, so that I could truly party!! I love my parents!

I dress up to something cool and fashionable then I waved my parents goodbye,... and the party begins! It began at four and Cristie was the first to come in (as usual). "Victoria!!" she screamed. "OMG happy birthday!!!"

"Thanks!" we hugged each other and talked for a little while, while we wait for more guests coming in. Then Jenna came, then the other boys, and Anne, and Jake. We were complete. I turned on our speakers and played some dance music. We partied as if we were in a club. There were some drinks and food in our kitchen, so people could go there if they felt hungry. Some people, including myself, just lounged and talked to people. Everyone were greeting me and hugging me. Giving me presents too! Can't wait to open it. We literally, partied like a CLUB the lights were dim and I had that disco light which had so many colors and the light kept moving...like a club. I just wanted it to be simple and fun. Cause' that's who I am!

Some people started texting me, greeting me also. Awesome.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Who could that be..., I thought. All of my friends whom I invited were complete. I sat in between Jenna and Anne in the sofa. I stood up and made my way past the dancing people. The thought that came into my mind was, I hope it's not the neighbors. I twisted the knob and opened the door. Guess who it was...it was... Zander. I stepped outside closed the door behind me a little bit leaving it ajar. he was wearing a white polo with grey vertical stripes and rolled up sleeves. And sneakers. I followed my unwanted instincts and I hugged him. "Zander!! I thought you had to go somewhere!?"

"Nah. I ditched it."

"Really?"

"Ya. You know me. Of course I wouldn't miss your birthday." He hugged me back saying "Happy birthday."

"Thank you Zander!" I smiled. Good thing it was kinda dark outside so that he wouldn't see me blush. He took a little look inside the door.

"Awesome party! Did I miss anything."

"Nah not much." Instead of grabbing in the arm, I grabbed him in the hand. I didn't wanna look down at it because it would look too obvious that I was affected. I led him into the party. People greeted him and talked to him while I went back to where I was. "Victoria... he came!" Cristie said.

"Aw. He's so sweet. Miss his thing to go to this party!?" Anne said.

"Victoria.... Come 'on." Allen said.

All my friends were telling me how great he was and give him a chance and blah-blah-blah.

After I couple minute my maid, brought out my cake with my friends. I was really surprised because I didn't know that I would have a cake. It was from my parents. Aw that's so sweet of them. It was chocolate!! It came from the kitchen and my cake was on a small rolling table. The light from the candles were lighting up the room because someone turned off the light. "Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you..." everyone sang. Then it came in front of me, I could feel the heat of the sixteen candles.But before I could blow my cake Cristie said, "Wait!!". She went behind me and put a mini tiara on my head. "Just a little something for you Tory!" She always called me Tory when she was being serious or being happy. It made me feel like a princess and it was awesome. I closed my eyes, made my wish and blowed the candles until it were dark. My maid turned on the lights and we started to party again and people were getting plates from the kitchen to get the delicious looking cake. They all started eating then after that got some drinks...THEN started to dance again.

I sat next to Allen and Allen was next to... Zander. The three of us was done with the cake now we were holding semi-empty plastic cups. Allen made an excuse to stand up just to leave me and Zander alone. "Hey. I really thank you for coming here."

"You're welcome." He held my arm up and put a small colorful box with a bow in my hand.

"A gift for the sixteen year old princess." He joked.

~~~~~~~~~~

This day was awesome. I'll never forget this. It was the best party!! All of my closest, bestest friends with me.

I stare at the little box he gave me still, unopened. Should I really give him a chance?

*CONTINUE TO CHAPTER 5**