Chapter 2

"You don't even need to ask, I got you."

I've been tossing and turning all night. I can't sleep for nothing. I got too much on my mind. I wonder if Manny tryna smoke. Imma text him.

Me:Best friend I can't sleep too much on my mind come through and smoke?
Emanuel:Here I come best friend you good?
Me:Tbh idk I just need somebody to talk to
Emanuel:Omw rn

...

My phone ringing shook me out of my thoughts. I looked and it's Manny. I answered it.

Me:Hello?
Emanuel:I'm outside.
Me:Here I come.

We hung up then I went and answered the door. I moved over so he could come in.

After I closed the door we went to my room. "Where moms at?", Manny asked.

"She at her boyfriend house.", I said as I closed the door behind us.

"Good."

"Why?" He pulled out a bottle of Henny.

"I thought it might help.", he said. I took it from him and started drinking it. He took it from me. "You gotta slow down Justice." I put the cap on and put it down. "Talk to me.", he said as he pulled out his weed and Swishers.

"What happened been on my mind heavy even though he didn't finish.", I said.

"Something like that gone fuck with you for a while to be honest. I'm here though so don't think about doing nothing stupid."

"I won't." I looked at him as he rolled up. He didn't roll one, he didn't roll two, he didn't roll three, he rolled four fatties. We about to be high, I might tap out though. Maybe not, you never know.

...

I woke up with Manny next to me. I don't even remember going to sleep. Damn I had to be fucked up.

I looked at my phone and it's 6:45am. I need to hop in the shower. First let me find something to wear.

...

"Manny wake up.", I said shaking him. I would've woken him up earlier but he ain't going to school.

His eyes opened so I stopped shaking him. "I'm about to go to school.", I said.

"Let's go to my place so I can take a shower then we can go.", he said.

"You going?"

"Yeah, ion want you there by yo' self."

"A'ight lets go.", I said.

"You look nice.", he said. I smiled.

"Thank you."

...

"They'd be a cute couple.", this girl said as we walked to the school.

"Y'all cute!", this gay boy shouted to us.

"We just friends!", I shouted back

"Manny let me get yo' number then!", the gay dude shouted. Manny shook his head.

"Manny give him yo' number. You been cranky you need some dick.", I said joking around.

"You better stop fuckin' playin' with me.", he said. I laughed.

...

While I was taking notes Manny started arguing with the teacher. I know it's the teacher's fault. He hates Manny with a passion but he says I'm his favorite student. He's just mad that Manny fucked and ducked his daughter. I thought it was funny. "Bruh you just mad that I fucked the shit outta yo' daughter in yo' bed. I made her call me daddy, that day she called you Mr.Lewis.", Manny said. My mouth almost opened until I told myself that it's Manny. He give no fucks.

"You're gonna be just like your retarded brother.", Mr.Lewis said. That made my mouth hang open. Everybody that was by Manny got up and moved except for me. Mr.Lewis just fucked up.

Manny brother was shot a few years ago and he had a learning disability. Manny never been the same after that.

Manny turned red and stood up. I don't know if I'm tripping but I think I see smoke coming from his ears. "Yeah I said it.", Mr.Lewis said. Manny started walking to him until I got in front of him,

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!", I asked. Mr.Lewis just looked at me. "Can you hear?! What the fuck is wrong with you Mr.Lewis?!", I asked. He looks shocked cause I never yelled at him and normally I tell Manny to just chill out but this time he crossed the line. "Don't ever and I mean ever bring up my brother like that again! You tryna come up missin'?! Now I should let Manny beat yo' ass but I'll save that for after school. Call up yo' slut daughter so I can whoop her ass while Manny whoop yours bitch." Mr.Lewis just looked at me shocked. "Come on Manny.", I said as I grabbed my bag and pulled Manny. Manny stood there for a minute then started walking with me not taking his eyes off of Mr.Lewis. "And by the way y'all, he just mad that his daughter got a train ran on her by four of his friends in his bed.", I said before we left.

...

Manny sitting on his couch starring into space. "Thanks.", he said after a while.

"Don't thank me Manny. You know I got you like I know you got me.", I said. He smiled half way then held his pinky up. I grabbed it.

"We ride for each other."

"We die for each other."