Part 16

Eren pov

When I finally made my way back downstairs again I was met with Levi still sitting in front of the tv. I smiled and turned to the counter, opening the laptop screen and seeing I had a message. 2 pm, nice of her to give me such short notice on the matter. I sighed and turned it off, running up the stairs.

I grabbed my backpack with my wallet and house keys, as well as some other important stuff inside. "Levi, come on we have to go out!" I shouted. He got up and followed me out the door, his eyes kept darting from place to place. We walked towards the café and I talked on the phone while we did. The crowd on the street was crazy, so many people decided to walk today. I hate crowds, it feels suffocating, like the crowd is sucking me in. 

"Okay, thank you. See you then" I ended the call and turned to Levi but he was gone. "Levi!" I shouted but got no reply, I did receive rude looks though. "Levi! Where are you?!" I shouted, shoving my way through the crowd. I frantically searched the streets and my eyes finally met with the back of the raven all the way through this crowd. "Levi!" I called but he didn't turn, I knew it was him so why wasn't he responding? 

I started to shove people out of the way to get to him when a woman found it necessary to stop me. "Excuse me but you shouldn't be running around the busy streets and pushing everyone else, do you have no manners?" she says and I instantly thought of my mother, that was defiantly something my mother would say. I looked the lady up and down, her outfit was a mix between the bad sort of weird, crazy, and 'I just woke up'. 

"I'm sorry to say that I'm not sorry. I shouldn't have to hear a lecture from a woman I don't even know and who looks like a member of the circus" I said, pushing her out of my way and looking to the place I last saw Levi. That stupid woman made me lose sight of him, great just great. Is it the crowd that's pushing him further from me or is he running from me?

After I don't even know how long, I came across Levi under a bridge, staring into the water. "Levi?" I said, walking closer to him. "Eren, do you like me? Am I just a bother to you? Do you want to get rid of me?" he asked and my eyebrows furrowed. "What are you talking about?" I asked and he looked away, looking back into the water. "I don't want you to get rid of me Eren! I don't" His head turned swiftly in my direction and I  sigh. "I'm not getting rid of you, what made you think I was? I like having you around" I asked and sit next to him. "The messages" I said and I laugh, hugging him. 

"Levi, we weren't talking about you. We were talking about the lizard I kept at my mom house. I don't want it anymore and it just takes up space" I said and kissed his forehead. Hiding my blushing face from him right after I did. "Lizards are living things not to be given away like store items" he says.

"You've been reading to many animal life books" I said and pulled him up. "Listen Levi, I would never get rid of you for a number of reasons. You have no reason to worry" I said, walking with him trailing behind me. "I can't be worried, I'm not programmed to" he says. "Right I know that, but you must have been feeling something if you ran off when you thought I was getting rid of you" I said.

He stayed quiet and followed me into the café. "You're late Yeager!" Jay yells, standing up. "I know stop yelling" I said, walking over to her. My mom and Jay's friend sat with her. "We had a bit of a problem but everything's fine now" I said, smiling at the group. "Levi, how are you dear?" Mom asked and he looked over at her. "I'm am emotionally stable ma'am" Levi says. "That's good Levi. Last time I saw you things didn't seem okay" she says.

I talked with Jay and her friend, sorting out the agreement while Levi at with my mother. They were talking and occasionally looked over at me. I wonder what their talking about.

Levi pov

"Eren's been emotionally responding to something and I can't find anything in his common life that would cause such a reaction" I said. "Levi, what do you mean by emotionally responding?" she asked and glanced over at Eren. "His face seems to change colors and after doing some research I have come to realize that it is an emotional response to something" I replied. Her face instantly lit up and she clasped her hands around mine. 

"Really?!" she whisper yells and I nod. "Oh this is good news, good news indeed" she says, squeezing my hands. "What does it mean? I would like to know so my system can keep it safe for future purposes" I said and she shook her head. "It's not my place to tell you" she says, releasing my hands and leaning back. 

"Then who is in the place to tell me?" I asked, "I need the information." "Eren himself is the only one in the place to tell you. I will tell you this much though, his face changes colors because of you" she said. I look down and search through my memory and system trying to find any reason as to why it would be me but came up blank. 

"Levi, let's go" I looked up and nodded. I followed Eren out and down the street. Eren kept tight grip on my wrist this time. He told me he didn't want to lose me in the crowd that has only thinned down a little. I want to know why it's me so I have it. My memory is still only one half of one quarter of a way full, many things can still be stored inside but only important stuff. Please tell me soon Eren.