T e n

Sorry if you find any errors while reading this :(

Stefan and Damon are vampires...? This isn't as surprising as it should be. Of course, they would be vampires because why not. I'd like to think I'm handling the news well. Honestly, I'm still trying to come to terms with me being Unity's vessel, and now there is this. Elena certainly isn't taking this well. She cried the entire drive home.

"Reese.." I flinched when I saw Stefan somehow standing inside my room. "Get out before I scream."

"I only came here to talk. Just let me explain."

"No no. I have a lot of shit going on right now, and I don't need to add vampires to the list."

"Please... I wanted none of this to happen." He slowly inched towards me and I leaped up, taking cautious steps back. He paused once, realizing he actually terrified me. "I will not hurt you. I'd never hurt you or Elena."

"You want me to believe that you're not in cahoots with your brother? That you had nothing to do with those attacks?"

"No, I'm nothing like Damon." He stated sternly. That eased my fear a little, but I didn't let my guard down. A knock on my door drew my attention away from Stefan.

"It's me, we need to talk," Elena called from the other side of the door.I turned back to Stefan.

"I never wanted this to happen, Reese. I hope you both can forgive me..." He vanished out the window after that. Elena sulked inside my room once I let her in. She was quiet for a minute, still trying to collect her thoughts. I was in the same state, except I had a lot more on my plate than just vampires.

"This has to be some kind of dream." She finally said, "I mean, it doesn't make sense. How could vampires be real?" I stayed quiet, not sure what to say. "You've been silent since we came back. You don't seem all that surprised...Did you know?" She accused.

"What? No..." I denied, quickly waving her off, "I just—I don't know how to feel about this. It's all too much, and I have had a long day already." I didn't want to tell her about Unity just yet. I was still apprehending it myself and I'm sure finding out about Stefan was enough for her right now.

"Do you think we should give him a chance to explain?" She asked after a while, and I shrugged. All this news is making my head hurt. Just a couple of weeks ago, my life made sense. It was normal and now it's gone completely downhill.

---

The next morning, Elena notified me she was going to meet with Stefan and proposed that I come along. Initially, I declined until she told me they were meeting at the Mystic Grill and I only came because I was hungry.

Right now, we were going back and forth with questions while I enjoyed a cheeseburger and fries."We have rings that protect us," Stefan says, answering the question about how he can walk in the sun.