Soulmate-less- Jason Todd

The day was grey, dull and blank like every single other day. It was when I was young and still naïve to the cruel reality of life. I went to school like a normal kid, the colourless birds chirping above my head. The 3 distinct colours I knew were grey, black and white.

My mom and dad had always talked about colours, their brightness and attention-grabbing hues. The love at first sight when they met each other, seeing the colour of each other's eyes.

I, on the other hand, had no certain distinct moment of colour suddenly showing up.

The day began with simple math and equations, then moving onto English. Reading the book, we had all been assigned, the school day was quite boring. The walk home was plain as well, the flowers of white and grey splotches.

For dinner, we simply had chicken, peas and potatoes. Mom asking about what happened at school, me replying with absolutely nothing. Life was tiresome, how was I supposed to know when I'll meet my soulmate?

I was getting ready for bed, putting on pjs and getting into bed when suddenly, a huge pain surged through my eyes. A deep burning sensation in both, lukewarm tears starting to leak from them. I tried to keep from screaming but the pain started pounding more and more against my skull and eyes. I let out a loud high-pitched scream, alerting my parents something was wrong.

They storm into my room, sobs escaping from my mouth while clutching my eyes. They immediately took me to the E.R. and the doctor had only seen this certain case happen a few times.

"Your soulmate died." The doctor said, simply but painfully.

I was devastated, the only love of my life was dead. Fully, fucking, flat-lined. I mean, how could anything else go wrong? I grew up with the fact that I was to be lonely, I tried to date but my heart knew it would never work.

"Hey, I'll be over in a few minutes." You tell (b/f/n), walking through Gotham. It was later in the night, around 10.

"Okay, hurry up. You have my Oreos, so move that ass!" (b/f/n) says. The conversation keeps going though, the safety of Gotham is a -10 at night. Walking there was calm for a Saturday night, only a few people passing by me. I was suddenly shoulder bumped by some man taller than me.

"Oh, sorry." He says looking up at me.

"Oh, it's cool. No harm done dude." I reply, casually.

I was about to go until I noticed a difference in my field of vision. An uncommon strange tint to a sign of a store across the road. The reflection of bright contrasts between the dark black ground and the glow in the puddle on the ground.

"Holy shit." I hear from the stranger who shoulder dived me. I look up at him, along with relief. I felt outraged, I walked up to him. Raised my fist and swung it down onto his shoulder.

"OW! What the fuck was that for?" He asks, looking up at me.

"What the hell happened about 12 years ago? One fucking night, a huge pain happened in my eyes. ALMOST, blinding me and then I find out that my fucking soul mate is dead." I yell at him, his eyes peering into mine.

"What? How do you know that? Are you some sort of spy?" He asks, bewildered.

"It's called having a soulmate, when they die you get a huge pain in your eyes. I grew up thinking that I would never be able to see colour, yet here we are!" Irritation coursing through my veins.

"Okay, I understand your frustration but now is not the time. Were in the middle of the street, and its nighttime. How about you give me your number and we talk about this on a scheduled day and place?" He asks, I nod and put my number in his phone. We separate and I make it to (b/f/n)'s house, long story short. They were quite surprised on what happened on my walk there.

"What do you mean? I thought you said your soulmate was fucking dead!" They shout, rather excitedly.

"Dude, I know. I have no clue, but he said he would tell me later."

"Okay, tell me about this soulmate." They inquire.

"Well, he was tall. Also, quite handsome and built like a god. He literally looked like a Roman statue, black hair too."

"What's his name?" I go quiet for a few seconds, eyes widened. I then look up at them.

"Oh my god, you didn't ask his fucking name! You really are a dumbass (y/n)." They start laughing, I can't believe I gave him my number but never asked for his name. Just then my phone vibrates, signifying I had received a text message.

'Hey! It's your soulmate, I just realized we never introduced ourselves. I'm Jason'

Oh lord, this was going to be an adventure.