one

Yvonne Dulce

(Pronounced as Yeevon Dolls)

Moving from Edmondton to I don't know where sucks. If only I could make mom and dad's life easier by being a manager on their work and stuff and not fire them. My mom had been working so hard at her call center work, but their boss said she still can't do it. My dad had been fired from his work. My life right now is a total wreck and I have already lost my friends and the ones I care about. Who knows how my new town works out.

Here I am right now, sitting at the back of the car, staring outside the window while my mom and dad are so happy about moving away from Edmondton. They had already found their new jobs, which I don't know what, but they seem so excited about it.

A sign in front of us says Welcome To Hoary Jack. I mean, who names a town 'Hoary' and why would people want to live in a town called Hoary? We drive pass the sign and we pass a few buildings, and people walking around town. Thank God they all seem so normal.

As I see in horror movies, people who move in another place would see weird people and they would be weirded out by their acts. And the names of the town would be Silent and scary town or something like that. I don't actually believe in ghosts and monster stuff in old houses. They are just movies, and movies aren't real. Well, some of them are.

"We are almost at our hew home, Vonne!" Mom says and I boringly clap my hands.

"Wee, I'm so excited." I say sarcastically.

"Don't be like that, Yvonne." Dad scolds. It's not that I'm mad at them for moving, but because I'm not excited on being the new girl in town.

"Sorry, dad." I sigh

"We're here." We stop in front of a house, not too old, not even new. It's white in color, but it looks older than I am.

I step out of the car and carry my luggage from the trunk of the car. I look up at the huge house in front of me, wondering how mom and dad bought this without any expenses. They have a problem in money, and it was possible for them to buy this house? Wow. The owner may be already dead or gone missing or stuff.

"Yvonne, let's go inside." Mom calls out and I nod, following her.

I study the house's walls, floors and furnitures. The furnitues seemed to be ready, but still covered with white cloth. I walk to the kichen, separating myself with my parents and examine the room. The big table is in place, uncovered. The plates, glasses and utensils are well-placed in the kitchen closet.

I gasp for air. This place is kinda good, but I still won't consider this place as the best home.

I walk out of the kitchen, and walk upstairs.

"Mom? Dad?" I call out for my parents which seems to be temporarily missing.

"In here." I follow my dad's voice, which is in a room. I think it's the master's bedroom. I step inside the room to see my parents unpacking some stuff.

"Can I check my room out which is where?" I ask my mom

"Oh, it's on the room after the one after this." I nod.

I arrive at the room mom told me. As I open the door, it creaks and I shut my eyes to the sound. I open my eyes back and step inside the room. The bed is neatly covered with a white blanket.

I yank the white cloth away, seeing a medium-sized bed; very neat bed. I grab all the other white blankets away from the furnitures, flying dusts all over the place. I let out a cough.

My room reveals a large closet, a nightstand and an uncovered window. I walk towards the window, and open it. I look out and see our neighbor, watering the plants. She smiles at me, but suddenly, her eyes widens in great shock and she runs, leaving the water running. I look behind me, but no one seems to be there. I just shrug and close the window.

I wonder why that old lady suddenly ran in shock. Has something or someone scared her behind me? Has she had a past in this house? Does she know the story of this house?

"Mom, Dad. I'll be out for a minute." I ask my parents.

"Sure, but where?"

"Neighbor."

"Okay. Be back before six!" Mom shouts and I run for door.

I close the door behind me and walk out of it. I put my hands in the pocket of my jacket and I finally arrive at my frightened neighbor's house. I ring the doorbell, twice now and she finally opens the door. She examines me up and down, and then she grabs me inside of the house.

"He's not here. He didn't follow you, thank God." She sighs. "Oh, sit down, dear." She smiles and I sit down, not wanting to question what just happened earlier today.

"Ma'am, can I ask you something?" I talk to her as she nods.

"Sure, sure. What kind? And call me Myrtle"

"About the house I'm living in." I say and she stops moing for a moment.

"Oh. Before, a family used to live there as what I remembered. A mother, A father and their son." She gets her thoughts. "Well, as I heard in people's talks, they said the boy's parents abandoned him because they got really poor and had to leave their son without saying any last words to him. They said, his parents left them in the boy's sleep and he woke up alone."

"The cops looked for the boy's parents for two months straight, but were never found. The boy learned to grow up by himself, no one to be with him. Just us, his neighbors offering him food and drinks. He was a very nice boy. He grew up to be twenty exact. He did go to school, and we handed money to his school so he could study. But one morning, we found him lying dead on his backyard, surrounded by a pool of blood." She lets out a tear. He must be special to her. "The last words I ever heard from him was 'Keep me safe' before the night he died."

Maybe the boy already knew something will happen to him because he asked Myrtle to keep him safe, but maybe she didn't knew what that meant.

"And I ran when you saw me earlier because.." She sobs.

"Because what. Myrtle?" I place a hand on her folded hands to calm her.

"I saw him behind you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dun Dun! :)

Hi guys, please bare with the first chapter cause you know, first chapters of stories are non-interesting, but it will get better soon. :)

Please Vote/Share/Comment/Fan/Be awesome