Chapter 13 - Bruised.

-------------

When we are arrived outside the dimly lit house, all then blinds were shut. The flowers my mother use to grow outside the door had shrunk and fallen deep into their plant pots. Being ridden from the sunlight forever. The paint from around the door was peeling, and although it hadn’t been very long since my departure of my childhood home, everything still seemed to be fading, disappearing. It was as though it was a sign that I can never go back. I shouldn’t have come back. But this is something I have to figure out. I have to know. I can’t spend the rest of my life running constantly in a never ending circle within the shadows. 

“Are you OK? Do you want to go back Erika?”

I shook my head and tried to hold back the tears of the past. I wanted some part of me to stay with me. I felt Darren’s hand gently placed on top of mine and he rubbed his finger against my knuckles. A warming gesture that made my confidence rise. Not a lot. But enough. His lips brushed against my forehead causing me to close my eyes and enjoy this moment whilst it lasts.

“Let’s go.” As soon as I said this I pushed the car door open and walked shakily up to the familiar door. Darren was already walking right up behind me, holding my hips as I trembled. The velvety voice I adore whispered in my ear. “Just breathe. I’m here don’t worry.”  Taking a deep breath a knocked on the door loudly twice.

We waited for a few minutes before trying again.

“Why isn’t anyone in?!”

“Darren calm down. Let’s just wait a bit.”

“I’m not standing in the cold any longer.” He walked back to the car down the street and I knocked on the door again. Finally I heard a voice.

“Darren, there’s someone coming!”

But before I could finish my sentence the door was thrown open and hands wrapped around my waist and neck from behind me. Cutting my air ways off.  The persons hands were digging into my waist so bad, tears fell from my eyes. My vision had started to blur as I kicked and screamed for help. Pain cascaded through my body as a hand was tightening around my mouth. The harder I tried to escape the harder they held me still, trying to stop my heart from beating. Agony suddenly came from my head, as I felt a heavy object hitting against my skull hard, my breathing was going and I was going with it.

“Erika!” Darren’s voice was extremely close, I could faintly see him moving swiftly and dodging the hands trying to grab him. He was hitting, punching and kicking. Darren was going mental. Rapidly I fell to cold pavement my hands and cheek scraping along it. Whoever was holding me, had let me go. My eyes were getting heavier, tightening as I tried to keep them open…

------------

*DARRENS POINT OF  VIEW*

Her body was aching and bleeding on the grey ground. Her eyes were dying to keep open.  The girl I would do anything for. The girl I loved, had been hurt, and I’m not letting that go.

Ever.

I swung my right arm and hit the one who had been holding Erika in the face hard. Blood sprayed from his nose. He fell back a little, but still remained strong. There were three of them. All faces I had never seen before. But what did they want with Erika? I needed to pick her up and hold her, make her better, comfort her, stroke her hair until the pain went away and she slept. But there were three people standing between me and her unconscious body.

“She’s beautiful. You are very lucky. Don’t worry we won’t kill her. Until we’ve all had sex with her that is.” Anger fumed inside me, the thought of her cries, her screams as someone used her for their own pleasure made me want to kill everyone single one of them right now.