11

"POOR steak" I raised an eyebrow at him as he display a playful smirk.

"Poor me" sarcasm can be heard in my tone

"Hey! Its not that bad having dinner with me" he spoke while food is still in his mouth.

"Yeah hindi naman talaga krimen ang makipag dinner sayo. Ang nakakainis lang the supposed to be 'lunch meeting' became 'dinner meeting' at dahil doon hindi ko ngayon kasabay mag-dinner ang anak ko"

"Babe, I told you hindi ito 'meeting', 'date' 'to, d-a-t-e, gets mo na?"

"You know what let's stop this  mister---" I stopped on my track when I noticed something- I am literaly having dinner with someone I don't personally know.

"Sinasabi ko na nga ba! Hindi mo pa ako kilala!" parang bata na inagawan ng ice cream ang itsura nito ngayon

I roll my eyes as a response for his weird act.

"So for formality, Trevor Fontanilla is the name and I am your savior" again a smirk is plastered at his face. I roll my eyes once again and that earned a chuckle from him.

I felt my phone vibrated so I took it out of my purse. It was my daughter. Yes, she already have a phone for emergency purposes only.

"Hey baby, how are you?"

"Mom, where are you? I thought we're going to have dinner together"

My heart ached when I heard my little one cry. Its very rare for my daughter to cry, and if she does, it only means that you caused her a lot of pain.

I hurriedly take my things and went outside of the resto not minding the person who is constantly calling my name.

"Hush now my little one. Mom's coming home, and I'm gonna cook your favorite"

"Yehey! I love you mom" I smiled with her response

"As I love you"

---

I was busy feeding my daughter when someone knock on the door. My daughter eyed me curiously.

"Are you expecting a visitor mom?" she asked me in a very cute tone that made me pinched her cheek.

"Actually, I have no idea who is that. Stay here okay, I'm just gonna open the door"

I walked towards the door and open it and got surprised for the person who is standing before me.

"What the hell are you doing here!?"

"Well, kung hindi mo naaalala, literal na iniwan mo ako sa resto kanina" he said while scratching the back of his head

"So?"

"I'm just here to continue our dinner date"

"Just so you know Mr. Fontanilla. I am already having dinner with my daughter. Umuwi ka na lang. And if you really insist on that dinner 'meeting'  then mag set ka na lang ng appointment sa secretary ko"

"Pero hindi pa ko kumakain" he gave me a puppy eyes that looked horrible on him

"I don't care--"

"Mom? Sino po yung kumatok?"

Akmang sasagutin ko na ang anak ko ng bigla na lang pumasok si Trevor at lumuhod sa harap ng anak ko.

"Hey princess!" bati niya sa anak ko while showing her what is inside the paper bag that he is holding.

I'm just hoping that it is not food, because that is my daughter's weakness. As my daughter's face lit up with glee, i know that my prayer is not heard.

---

"So how old are you?" he asked

"I'm 6 years old" my daughter answered my munching the nuggets

I feel like i was an outcast. It is so odd for my daughter to trust someone that fast.

She is very distant to people except for me and her grandma. That is why I am very curious why she is talking to Trevor with such enthusiasm.

"So how long have you been friend with my mom?" mentally my palm landed on my face with her question, but also a smirk spread on my lips. How are you going to answer that Mr. Fontanilla?

But what he answered made me gaped and shook my world.

"Oh! No no no, you got it wrong, we're not friends. You see, I am your mom's suitor"