TALE ONE OF THE PURE OF HEART - The Coming of the Angel

- Fly, little Angel, fly -

Malak closed her eyes, feeling the wind drift through her hair and wings, strong but loving.
Earth. It was so close. And yet, so distant. But it didn't matter, as the wind and the Angel were friends since the beginning of time. They knew all about each other, as if they were the same creature.

Her wings craved to feel air, to leave the green lawn under her feet — they twitched with the urge to unleash their magic. It had been eternity since she first flew and yet, she couldn't completely understand how it worked even now, how something as wonderful as flying could exist, how such an art could be hers to use.

She let go. Every time she flew she felt the same exact emotions as the first time. The wind kissed her face sweetly. The lovely feel of it drifting through her feathers was cold but invigorating. She always adapted to that soon enough though, and after a short time... it didn't matter at all. Her hair was disheveled, her eyes squeezed tight because of the blinding sun.

The Angel left Heaven on a mission and hoped she'd soon come back home. She knew it was egoistical of her, perhaps selfish too, to wish such a thing. Her Lord had entrusted her a very important quest, relying on her loyalty and ability to complete it and make it her best. She was glad He trusted her.

She looked back, searching for Him and His peaceful Land with her eyes, but it was already too late and her gaze got lost into the emptiness of nowhere.

It was darkness after light. But she smiled. She smiled because she knew He was looking at her from above and that was a reason to cherish for.

***

After darkness there was light again. It hit Malak's eyes violently.

She was standing on a hill, just out of a city as spectacular as the ones fairytales often speak of. Trees surrounded the big city and she could see a gigantic patrol tower built behind the closed gates, born from the union of gold and iron mixed together. The guards didn't really look worried, as if the ongoing war with Sephrin and its allies was nothing to them but a bad dream occasionally coming back for another visit.

Some of them were busy, probably leaving for daily patrol in the morning, but the majority stood still, focusing on the forest and prairies surrounding the city.

Malak left the hill. It was strange how the rich variety of tall and shorter trees could perfectly cover the brilliant light of the sun. While Malak walked towards Liberal City of Yash, she couldn't help but be amazed at the beauty of the green forest. It was the only one in Aaryah and was a reassuring view for anyone surviving the challenging way through and out of the Desert of the Demon, which lied right before the Oasis of Yash.

Thanks to the shades of the trees, it was mild and cool. The lawn was almost completely made of flowers, all of different colors. Malak kept seeing plants of new, unknown shapes every step she took, even when she started getting convinced there couldn't be other shapes, as she'd already seen so many. And yet, the world kept on impressing her.

The Angel got out of the forest several minutes later and reached her destination soon after. The guards had already noticed her; in fact, a man wearing a blue uniform had already leaned out, waiting for her to come closer.

"Angel, this land belongs to the Yashiv population. What matters bring you here?" the soldier shouted.

"Matters that must be discussed with the Giano," she shouted back. "I have a message for him."

The man went silent, looking at her hesitantly, an unsure expression painted on his face. Then he turned left, towards the gatekeepers, and gave them the order to open the gate.