30

I've explained the entire situation to chrollo. I expected him to blow up but he took it better than I thought.

"Did they know about the chain user ?" He asked.

"No. Your troupe member confirmed that. Holding them hostage just because of personal reasons was unnecessary. They were curious about some of your members they bumped into and decided to follow. Which I know is foolish but they're kids."

"Except one is no ordinary kid is he... the young assassin ?"

"Correct. I had no choice but to interfere. My brother is skilled and if he had to you would've been down a few more members from him alone. But that would've put a hold on our contract."

"I see. You would've defended your sibling"

"I did defend him. I apologize for my inappropriateness but family comes first. And it's better that I interfere rather than Silva or Zeno. Once the family is involved you'll have more to worry about rather than some old rich men."

Chrollo chuckled lightly. " I see. Well I wouldn't want that.. very well then. But he can't meddle in our business again or else I will see to it myself that I keep an eye on him."

His threat didn't go unnoticed. Even in his kind tone. " then I will have no other choice but to keep my eyes on you then."

"I'm counting on that to happen either way." I could hear his smile through his words. "Don't think I'm done with you."

"Well me Lucilfer. I'm home now. I'll be sure to keep contact with you as the days grow closer. "

"Please do"

I hung up and went through the gate. "Hey mike." I said sweetly. He lowered his large head for me to pet "who's a good boy!"

"Master y/n.." Gotoh said as he greeted me.

"Gotoh why are u here ?"

"Master illumi sent me to retrieve you"

"I don't need retrieving Gotoh. I know my way the house. "

"He wanted to make sure you were fine. He was concerned about a phone call."

"How did he get here before me?" I questioned "anyways. I'm fine. I told him I was fine."

"I'm just doing my job.. shall we." He held out his arm for me to grab onto. Gotoh was always a favorite of mine. "Can I assume that you and master illumi are taking your future together seriously?"

"It's complicated. We're just stepping out of the friends zone into attempting to become more serious. It's a bit awkward. He shows no emotion. No interest. As a friend I knew where I stood. But now? I don't know. I don't want him to try out of feeling forced."

"Master illumi will do nothing by force. You should know that."

"I guess" I sighed.

"I think you'll be rather pleased with his efforts."

"Why do you say that?"

"He's home waiting for you.. that's a big step for Master illumi. He tends to keep himself busy. Takes after his father in that way."

"Hopefully he doesn't take after him too much"

"I can promise you that Silva takes great pride in his marriage. Notice the little things and you'll see the great sacrifices he's made and continues to make to keep his wife happy."

"Gotoh.. the house Is over there .."

"That's the surprise and reason for me greeting you.."

We walked over to the side of the mountain illumi and i used to always play as kids. And I was truly surprised..

"This house was never here .." I cute medium sized home sat in the middle of a field surrounded by trees and planted flowers.

"Welcome home Master y/n" Gotoh smiled as he walked away.

Home? I carefully walked up to the house and opened the door.. the place was nicely decorated and furnished. It was absolutely beautiful..

"Glad you can make it" illumi said finally smiling as he entered through the back door holding some flowers and placing them in a vase on the kitchen table.

"Illumi... what is this ?"

"Our home. Once we're married I figured you would want your own space."

"How long have you planned this" I walked around the living room and ran my fingers across the countless photos of us as children that hung on the wall.

"About a year now." He walked behind me and watched me looked around with admiration.

"This is amazing lumi..."

"You know I hate that name." He snickered as he wrapped his arm around my waist. He buried his face in my neck and pecked small little kisses. "Would you like to see our bedroom?" He grabs my hand and takes me up stairs and brings into a large room with a large bed. The closet was already filled with both our belongings.

I walk over to the bed and throw myself on top hugging the body pillow "I love it illumi!" I smiled sitting myself up. "It's normal... it's nothing grand and fancy like your parents."

"We've always said we wanted a simple home to relax."

Illumi laid on the bed pulling me into his chest. "I was worried that you were going to think it wasn't much."

"When have i ever been a woman that wanted much?"

"I'm not sure. Since we decided to make things more romantic between us I suppose I expected to see a different You."

"Illumi." I sighed

"Aht.." he said placing a finger over my lips. "I'm not done." He pushed me onto my back and sat on top of me as he slowly removed his shirt. "I still have to make things up to you for leaving you on your birthday."