Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Levi awoke by his face down in a pillow, slightly suffocated and in a cold sweat. He flipped his head to the side as he panted.

He was having a panic attack.

He brought his hand up next to his face, and it shook violently. He covered his hand over his head, took deep breaths and told himself over and over to calm down.

"One... Two... Three..." Levi counted. When he reach fifty four he calmed down.

He rolled out of bed, and picked up some shirts from the floor. He smelt a blue v-neck and deemed it to still be clean and propped it on. He opened the door, and jumped when he saw Harper there.

"Fucking Christ," he cursed. Levi rubbed his eyes. "How long were you out there?"

Harper shuffled his feet. "I dunno."

Levi leaned against his doorframe. "What do you want, Harper?"

Harper's eyes grew hopeful. "Can you please take me to the aquarium today?"

His little brother looked very cute at that moment, and Levi had to avert his gaze from the puppy dog pout. "I dunno, I have plans with Jonah today. Can't Monica or David take you?"

Harper shook his head. "Monica is at work, and David is with Maddison. Michael said you could take me."

Damnit Michael... Levi cursed to himself but looked back at his brother. He sighed in defeat.

"I'll see if Jonah wants to come along, but I'll don't think she would."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God I haven't been to the aquarium in ages!" Jonah exclaimed as she twirled around in the underwater tunnel. "I love fish!"

"Same!" Harper exclaimed and the two of them giggled. Levi facepalmed himself. Of course she would say yes. He lagged behind as the two of them had sharks swim over them, and pointed to more random sea creatures. Levi stepped on the moving walkway and just admired the view and let his mind wander. 

In the corner of his eye, in front he saw an unusual sight.

It was a petite girl, in a black trenchcoat that reached the ground and had midlength dark brown wavy hair. From where he stood, he noticed that her side fringe came over her right eye, and had a light tanned complection. Her boots poked out from underneath the trenchcoat, and a umbrella leaned next to her right leg. Levi frowned. The forecast was clear skies and hot weather. Why did she have an umbrella with her?

She watched the fish, and she remained motionless as a turtle swam over her. Even more unusual was that all the nearby creatures huddled around to where she was, and that she hardly paid any attention to the attention. 

Levi saw Harper run out to follow the fish. He called out to him just as he accidentally bumped into the girl's leg. He fell onto his bottom and looked up. The girl looked down at him and helped him up just as Levi and Jonah ran up to them.

"Sorry about that, he really likes fish," Levi apologised. The girl brushed off some dirt of Harper's shirt.

"Sorry, he was too fast for me," Jonah whispered. The girl straightened up as Levi bonked his brother's head.

"Ow!"

"Say sorry to the lady."

Harper shuffled his feet. "Sorry."