Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Sunlight poured in through the window, and interrupted Levi's sleep. He rolled around, tried to block out the light, but it seeped in between his eyelids. He groaned as he was forced to get up, and stumbled out of bed.

The last couple of days had been difficult for him. Levi had a huge difficulty sleeping properly. Everytime he closed his eyes, he heard the quiet voices inside of him.

Hunger.

He slapped his cheeks and groaned. He needed to snap out of it. It was the start of the end of term holidays, and he wanted to enjoy them.

Without killing anyone else.

Levi wandered out the front door without his shirt on, and yawned in the sunlight. He leaned against the porch post, and scratched his ribs. It was a bright, sunny day.

Something grabbed at his slacks. Levi looked down, and saw Sebastian that stood below him, and gazed up at him. Levi grinned and picked up his nephew, and the toddler giggled.

"How's it going, little man?" he asked and lifted him up into the air. The toddler laughed and Levi spun him around before he rested him on his hip.

Honk.

A flashy silver Volkswagon pulled up into the driveway, and Levi narrowed his eyes as a man in a red poloshirt jumped out. His blonde hair was carefully combed, and it appeared it took at least an hour to have that look. The man took off his sunglasses, and flashed a fake smile to him.

"Kid, how you going?" he asked, not generally interested in Levi's response. Sebastian's curly blonde head bobbed at the sight of the man, and he giggled. Levi pulled him away.

"What do you want, Tristan?" Levi asked. Tristan walked forward, and moved his head around.

"Where's Monica?" he asked, as placed his hands on his hips. 

"She's not here," Levi lied. 

"Huh. Funny, since I have the custody papers with me..." Tristan grinned. Levi felt an angry vein pop out  of his head. Tristan was a prick, and it was hard to see why Monica even married him in the first place.

At that moment, Monica walked out of the house, a cigarette in her mouth. She smiled when she saw Sebastian, but she stopped when Tristan waved at her.

"Hey baby," he purred. Monica scowled as she walked down to the porch.

"The fuck do you want, Tristan?" she scowled. Tristan held up an envelope and held it out to her. She peered at it.

"The fuck is this?" Monica snatched it from him, and opened it. She started to read snippets as Tristan talked.

"I've had a word with my attorney, and he's made a standard claim that I will be the one taking Sebastian into full custody. You still get visits on the weekends, but he'll be under my entire care. Oh, and you also need to be accompanied by a social worker. Then, I'll be out of your hands. All you gotta do is sign."

Monica remained calm, and put the papers back in. She threw her cigarette inside the envelope, and Tristan cried out as the bottom became scorched. Monica kept a straight face as she ripped the envelope into little pieces, and let them fall to the ground. Levi smirked at his sister's straightforwardness. She turned and walked back to the porch.

"Monica!" Tristan shouted. She turned back to him. He was red in the face, and he shook with anger. He raised a fist to her.

"You're not going to get away with this!"