Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Dude... Wake up..."

Levi groaned and rolled over. He got poked in the face repeatedly before he lost his patience and smacked the finger away. David laughed as he pulled his older brother upright.

"Happy birthday!" David grinned. Levi rubbed his eye.

"Oh yeah..." he yawned. He had completely forgotten that he would turn seventeen today. Levi blinked away the sleep and saw David look concerned.

"You look so tired," he remarked. Levi yawned.

"I haven't slept well in ages," he replied. David pulled a face.

"But you sleep like, all the time."

Levi picked up a pillow and smacked it into his brother's face. "Get out!"

David retreated out of the room and left Levi finally in peace. He lazily crawled out of bed, and pulled his jeans on. Before he left for breakfast, he went and admired himself in the mirror. His torso and arms were toned despite the fact he never did any applicable exercise. Levi thanked his mother's side of gentics, and headed into the kitchen.

Levi sat down at the table, and suddenly a plate of pancakes dropped in front of him. He turned and saw Monica with a dish towel in her hand on her hip, a cigarette cocked out the corner of her mouth.

"Birthday breakfast," she blatantly said, and strolled back into the kitchen. Levi smirked.

"Cheers Monica," he replied. He chomped down into his pancakes, and by God they were delicious. 

Michael walked into the kitchen, Sebastian on his hip and placed a small wrapped box in front of Levi.

"Happy birthday lil' bro," Michael grinned. Levi put down his cutlery and opened the box. He was surprised to see a silver watch.

"Oh dude..." Levi said as he slipped it on. "This is wicked! Cheers Mike!"

After breakfast, Levi got into his car and drove off to school. He wore all his presents; his watch from Michael; a V-neck shirt from Monica; black sneakers from David and a jacket supposedly from Sebastian. He was slightly disappointed that he didn't see Wallace that morning, but the worry died down.

He walked into the school corridor, and got birthday wishes from randoms as he walked by. When he reached his locker and opened it, a fountain of small gifts tumbled out.

"You should really stop telling people your locker combo."

Levi turned to see Jonah stand behind him, her Jamaican beanie rested at the back of her head. She bent down and helped pick his gifts up, and stuffed them back into his locker.

"It's nuts," Levi admitted as he slammed his locker door shut. Jonah nodded.

"Have you ever considered how popular you really are?" she asked him. He shrugged.

"A little bit. There isn't much of a challenge with girls," he replied. "You smile at them and suddenly we're making out."

She pulled a face. "That... is an incredibly narcissitic statement you just said, do you realise that?"

Levi laughed. "You gotta admit, it's true though."

Jonah punched him in the arm. "You better watch your mouth. I can bet you if you put all your make-out buddies with you in one room, you'll be the one to get ripped to pieces."

He nodded blatantly to her scoldings as they headed into class. Jonah went and sat down by a random, and Levi sat with Deacon. The two of them chatted.