Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Levi backed away from the fire, his hands balled into fists. A swarm of black encircled his closed hand and billowed out when he punched forward.

Anfall leaped out of the way as the shadows burst into the tree line behind her. Her head looked back, her own hands curled into small fists.

“That was dangerous!” she exclaimed. “Watch it!”

“What do you want from me?!” Levi roared.

Anfall cautiously walked forward, her palms out. “Calm down kid. I don’t want anything from you.”

The shack door burst open and Viseli stormed out. “Dijete! What is going on?!”

Levi stepped away from Anfall, his fists up in the boxing style. “How does she know who I am?!” he demanded.

Viseli stepped in front of him, and blocked his way. “Put your fists away.”

“HOW?!” Levi roared.

Anfall brushed her hair over her shoulder. “We have… similarities. Plus, we met before.”

Levi narrowed his eyes over Viseli’s shoulder. “Oh yeah? How?”

“Don’t you remember? Well, then again, you were eight at the time,” she murmured as she stepped forward. “How is Wallace anyway? Still eating people?”

Levi pushed past Viseli and stopped in front of her. “What are you saying?”

Anfall looked up at him, the speckled grey eyes narrowed at him. Then he understood.

“Are… we related?” Levi stammered.

Anfall crossed her arms. “Well, we have the same dad, so yeah.”

Levi stumbled back to the log, and sat down. “No way,” he blubbered. Anfall walked forward and joined him on the log.

“Your mother was Komor’s seventh love,” she explained. “My mother was his sixth.”

Levi looked to her in disbelief. “Wait, how is this even possible?!”

She sighed. Viseli walked over to the shack, and leaned against the wall. He pulled out a flask as she explained.

“Komor is over a hundred years old,” she explained. “His first wife, from what I gather he married at sixteen. They had a son together.”

“Okay, great,” Levi replied sarcastically. “An older brother I don’t know anything about.”

“But his wife and the son both died,” she continued. “When his powers awoke, they were the first to be consumed when his Mähdrescher first appeared. The baby was just three months old.”

Levi shook his head. “No way, why should I believe you?”

“Because believe or not,” she snapped. “We share the same DNA, so let me explain with interrupting, alright?”

Levi shrunk back. Anfall was a lot like Monica.

“My mother, Latica married him when she was twenty,” she explained. “Komor had married five times before. I’m not even sure how many children he has, but he was nearly seventy when he had my brother and I.”

“Why did he get married so many times?” he asked as a frown formed on his lips.

Anfall sighed once again. “Those who believe in the Order are more likely to have multiple marriages in a short space of time, in order to create more Nekromant. It’s the purpose of reproduce, and then brainwash to create an army. But the Nekromant gene is so rare, that it trait is recessive than dominant, it’s more likely to be bypassed as a result. In more cases than one, more Sterblichen children are born from Nekromant families than actual Nekromants itself. I think that’s what happened, and the Order found them with no more use to them. They were eliminated as a result. It’s a surprise that even my brother and I was born with our abilities. Siblings with Nekromant powers are indeed rare and quite valuable.”