The Call Pt. 1

He nodded his head "So what brought you to Dallas?" 'Do I have that much of an accent?' I thought." Well, I'm originally from Pennsylvania. I left home a couple years ago, just to find my place, you know." I didn't really want to tell him the whole story. I hoped he wouldn't ask. Phil nodded. "Right. Well, I hope you find what you're looking for." "Thank you, Phil."

I thought for a moment. 'Since he wanted to ask questions about me, I would think it fair to ask him questions too.'

"Where are you from, Phil?" I kept organizing the drinks in front of me, just so that Kiara wouldn't think I was slacking off. He raised one eyebrow, but then said "I'm from Louisiana. Right up the road. Can't you tell?" I felt kind of dumb for a minute. I was just trying to make conversation, but he's right. He has a noticeable accent. I mean, maybe he was from Texas or another bordering state? They all sound kind of similar. "Right, a dumb question. I know." I turned my back on him and put up some more bottles. I heard the glass slide across the counter. I assumed he was done. I heard Phil clear his throat, as to get my attention. I turned around. "Do you need anything else? Another drink?" "Not now. I'm fine. Thank you." He just looked at me. "Okay." I dumped out the ice and put his glass away with the others. I gave him the tab and he paid me.

After a few minutes of silence, I heard a phone ring, but it wasn't mine. It was Phil's. He looked at it and picked it up with an annoyed expression.

"For the last time, Dime, I ain't coming today. Fuck off. You can tell Vinny and Rex the same thing."

I couldn't hear what "Dime", who I assumed to be a man, was saying. But Phil didn't seem happy with him.

"Look, I don't give a damn if I didn't show up last week either! You can't fire me. You wouldn't even dare. I'll show up when I want!"

Now Phil was starting to raise his voice. That got me curious. What was he not going to? And why isn't he going?

"Yeah yeah I know. I'll be there then so what's the big deal?"

There was a significant pause. Phil narrowed his eyes and I could hear a low, threatening sound. Almost like a deep growl. Oh shit...

"GODDAMN! Do the FUCKING thing without me! I don't give TWO shits!"

Another pause...

"You don't know shit about me! Fuck you, man!"

He slammed the phone on the counter. I turned around slowly to see Phil, seething mad. "What?!" He growled. I shook my head and just turned around. I don't want to deal with this tension right now.

(Phil's P.O.V)

Dime just makes me so fucking angry sometimes! Doesn't he understand I have a problem? He would not want me to come to band practice like this. I know he hates when I've been drinking. Fucking asshole... I don't know why I put up with him sometimes.

I heard a door slam and that pulled me out of my mood. Where did Emily go? Oh fuck, I must have scared her or pissed her off. 'Goddammit Phil! You always ruin everything!' I should go... I decided to get up and leave, but something told me to wait a minute.

I scrawled my phone number down and left it on the counter. Maybe she doesn't want to talk to me anymore, but maybe she will. Worth a shot. I walked out the door and to my car. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove off to my apartment. I shouldn't have been driving, but you know, been there done that.

I needed a fucking break. Once I got home, I crashed on the couch.

(a/n: sorry if this isn't that good. I'm really writing it for the hell of it. I'm new to Pantera but I already love them sm. <3)