Date Night

"So... what did he say??" Layla exclaimed, looking at me with wide eyes, smiling. "He apologized for the phone call at The Klub and then he asked me out." I was almost sure I was blushing. "Oh my god!! That's so cute!" She practically yelled and ran at me. She scooped me up in a big hug. "Oh my god." I laughed. "When's the date?" "It's tomorrow night after work." I smiled. "Ooh he's gonna pick you up?" "Yeah he is. I have no idea what to wear... He's kinda the bad boy type I guess. Can you help me?" I asked Layla. She eagerly nodded and pulled me to my closet. "Let's see what you have here." We started pulling out all my dresses so she could see them all. The first one was a black dress lined with a lace trim. The second one was a deep blue one that almost looked like the first one, but a little shorter. The third one was a simple royal purple dress. And finally, I had a long green dress with a jeweled neckline. Layla said "Hmm..." as she took a long look at all 4 dresses. "I would go with the first or second one. Blue is really a flattering color on you, but you can never go wrong with a lbd." I thought about it and then decided.

The night of the date had come and Layla came over to help me get ready for it. I had everything laid out on the bed. I told Layla to leave the room and then I got dressed. I put on my dress and some black heels to match. I called to Layla who was out in the living room. "Oh my goodness. You look gorgeous! Honey, you are gonna sweep him off his feet. Let me help you with your makeup." Her smile shined brightly as she came into the bathroom. "Let's see what we can do." She winked and I chuckled. Layla did my makeup to accentuate my natural features. She did a great job with it. I almost didn't recognize myself in the mirror. "Thank you so much Layla! I'm so happy to have a friend like you." I hugged her gently. "Of course Emily. Friends help each other. Now, what time is it? I don't wanna make your handsome date wait!" She winked at me and we shared a laugh. I looked at my watch, it was time for Phil to pick me up! Yikes! Soon enough I heard a motorized sound from outside. "That's him Layla." She gave me an excited look and ran to a room in the back. "Sounds like he drives a motorcycle. Ooh dreamy! I'll be here until y'all leave! I don't wanna interfere but I've gotta make sure everything is okay." I thanked her and ran over to answer my door. Phil stood at my door, wearing a plaid button up shirt, blue jeans and a black leather jacket. "Hi Phil." "Wow Emily... You look beautiful." I blushed and thanked him. "Are you ready to go?" He asked me motioning to his vehicle. Layla was right. There near the curb sat a jet black Harley with a motorcycle helmet on the seat. "Yes I'm ready to go. Thank you." I said smiling at him. "Of course. Let's go then. I have just the place in mind." Phil and I get onto his motorcycle and I hold onto his shoulders. "Wait. Here. You'll need this." He hands me a helmet identical to his. "Gee you must take a lot of girls on your motorcycle." I joked. He chuckled and said "You're welcome." He started to drive and the rush got me. It was such a new feeling. The wind in my hair, riding on a motorcycle with a total babe. I smiled to myself and enjoyed the ride.

After a little while, we pulled up to an Italian restaurant with a designated motorcycle parking space. A lot of bikers must come here. 'What an interesting combination' I thought to myself as I got off Phil's motorcycle. "Italian?" I asked him, smiling. "Yeah. Do you see me as more of a barbecue guy or something?" He laughed deeply. "Well, I just didn't expect this... conflict of interest..?" He raised an eyebrow at me as we walked to the front door of the restaurant. "What? A tough guy like me can't have a romantic side? What if I'm Italian?" He playfully badgered me about my question. "I'm sorry I ever assumed anything. I love Italian food, Phil." I chuckled and grinned at him. "Grazie bella." He replied with a smooth tone. His pronunciation was phenomenal. Out of curiosity I asked "Oh, are you actually Italian? I didn't expect that." I asked him. He laughed, "No, I'm not. I just picked up a bit while I was in Italy a couple years ago." I raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. "Okay, Mr. Worldwide Flirt." He chuckled and opened the door for me.

A well dressed man in a suit and tie, who I assumed to be our waiter, greeted us. "A table for two?" "Yessir." Phil replied with a smile. "Right this way." We followed him to our table and sat down. "What will you be drinking tonight, Miss?" "Chardonnay please." I smiled. "And for you Sir?" "A Coke please. I'm driving her home." He said smiling at me. "I'll have those right away." The waiter walked away and left us menus. Phil started to look over it, but I didn't need it. "Hmm.. I know just what I want." I said grinning. Phil looked up from his menu and raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh, is that so? And what would that be?" "No, no. It's a surprise." I giggled. He smiled at me "Oh I see. Alright. But I bet I know what you're getting." "We'll see." I smirked. Phil finished picking out what he would order and the waiter came back to us with our drinks. "A chardonnay for you, Miss. And a Coke for the gentleman." He set our drinks down gently on the table. "Have you decided what you'll have tonight?" He asked us. "Oh yeah. She has long decided." Phil chuckled and I grinned brightly. "Alright then. What will you have tonight?" He smiled. "I'll have spaghetti and meatballs." The waiter took my order on his notepad and then Phil ordered. The waiter told us he would be back soon with our meals. "I should have known you were a spaghetti kind of lady." He grinned at me. "And as soon as you took me here, I figured you would order a calzone." I replied, sipping my drink. "Is that so m'lady? What gave it away?" He asked. "Well, usually calzones are for the bold yet romantic. Would you say that describes you?" He winked at me "You'll have to figure that out for yourself." I laughed. Soon enough the waiter was back with our food. "Here you are. Buon appetito." Phil thanked him and he walked away from the table.

We enjoyed our dinner and then Phil drove me to my apartment. "Thank you for dinner Phil. That was wonderful." I smiled genuinely. "Of course. I enjoyed it." He smiled. We wished each other a good night and ended the night. As Phil disappeared from my sight, the roar of his Harley dissipated.