Terms To Know

I've listed several terms below that you may encounter when reading omegaverse stories. You should also know these words before you continue to read through this guide.

Hierarchy: a system in which people or groups are ranked one above the other according to status or authority.

Scent: a distinctive smell, especially one that is pleasant.

Pheromone: a chemical substance produced and released into the environment by an animal, affecting the behavior or physiology of others of its species.

Pup: a young wolf that has yet to present as an Alpha, Beta, or Omega.

Pack: a group of animals, especially wolves, living and hunting together.

Rogue: a lone animal excluded from their pack due to having savage or destructive tendencies.

Den: an animal's home or habitation.

Slick: self-lubricant an Omega is able to produce when aroused.

Knot: the bulbus glandis towards the base of an Alpha's penis; swells during intercourse to tie the Alpha and his partner together.

Court: be involved with romantically, typically with the intention of marrying.

Mate: a person's partner that can be either sexually or romantically involved; achieved only through a mating bond. (noun)
Example- "He's my mate."
Synonyms:
-partner
-husband
-wife
-lover

Mate²: come together for breeding. (verb)
Example- "I mated with an Omega."
Synonyms:
-breed
-intercourse
-sex

True Mate: a person ideally suited to another as a romantic partner. They'll typically know from a biological perspective who their mate is. (i.e. scent, touch, sound, etc.)
Synonym:
-soulmate