IX

The the only thing worse than having to go to school, period. Is having to go to school when the sun isn't even up.

The minute I got to the gates of Silvercrest Prep, I had to show my student ID to the guard.

We never did that during the day.

Security measures, I guess.

The guard told me everyone was already in the gym so that's where I headed.

When I got there, I opened the double doors and just because, they decided to let out a huge screeching sound as they effortlessly swung open.

Everyone immediately turned to stare at me.

Oh great.

I lowered my head and quickly walked in.

They were all gathered in the centre of the gymnasium. The candidates and two people I immediately recognised, May and Peter Silvester, he had been the first winner of the apprenticeship under Alpha Tristan.

I went to stand beside Allison, hers was the most friendly face in the room at the moment.

Peter gave me a stern look. "You're late, candidate."

"Uh, I am?" I asked hesitantly.

The large clock on the wall read 5.01.am.

Well 5.02 now.

"You are." He responded sternly. "That's three points from you and your partner."

My eyes widened, I looked at Joshua who was standing off to the side with Bea and he shot me a deadly glare.

I stared at the ground and muttered a, "Sorry."

"Sorry, Instructor."

"Sorry, Instructor." I repeated.

I wanted to look to May for help but her eyes were set in front of her in determination.

What had I been expecting though? Just because she had said she was looking forward seeing me here, it didn't mean I was automatically her favourite candidate.

Peter took a step forward, his long and lean arms tucked behind his back. He wore all black with the silver alpha's crest stuck to his chest. He didn't exactly appear as intimidating as you would expect him to be.

If anything, all I could say was that he was kind of movie star cute. The kind of hot guy you would expect to play the nice boy next door in movies.

The only thing that made him even the slightest bit intimidating was the slight stubble around his face but other than that, he had smooth gingerbread brown skin and this clear green eyes and DIMPLES! Dimples that formed with the slightest movement of his lips.

"Take Candidate -" he looked at me.

"Uh... Crystal." I muttered.

"Take candidate Crystal as an example. Tardiness will not be tolerated. Neither will disrespect." He strode towards me, stopping right in front of me.

"Didn't you read your handbook, candidate? You are expected to address your Instructors by their proper titles."

"Oh right." I blurted out. "I'm s-"

"And do not speak unless spoken to." He ordered.

I heard a snicker come from my left and I knew it was Courtney immediately.

'Instructor Peter' slowly turned off to the side. "Something funny, candidate?" He asked.

That wiped the smile off Courtney's face.