A New Beginning.

There are plenty of stories that have the hero gain a superpower from an accident, but not killing anyone. It just happens out of the blue. Stories that have the hero gain superpowers from an accident like from the comics because it sounds cool. Other stories are tragic. Something bad happens like the main character gaining their powers, but at a cost. Losing a loved one or being all alone because of what happened, but soon become heroes and die a hero. They are just stories after all. It never happened in real life, right? Well, the world isn't like that. The incident of Empire City proves it all. Story tales can become true, but not with a good beginning. 

Cole MacGrath, the man who lived a normal life soon went upside down. The explosion of Empire City. He was the one to detonate the Ray Sphere, causing an explosion that killed thousands of lives. He was the one who started everything. The Conduits, the quarantine in Empire City, and the death of his loved one Trisha. 

People were afraid of him, but he soon proved that he was a hero and he had to clean up his mess. His job was to end what he started. He had fought countless battles against other people and conduits who were trying to stop him. Soon enough, he pulled through. Then he went face to face with Kessler. More importantly, he is facing himself from the future. They clashed, but Cole came out as the victor. But Kessler grabs Cole's face, showing his memories. Showing the vision of the Beast, the monster that Kessler failed to defeat. He falls, dead. 

Now Cole had another job to do. Defeat the Beast that will destroy everything in its path. After a month later, he met with an agent named Lucy Kuo. She knew about the beast and came to help Cole prepare. After some time, Cole, Zeke, and Kuo were planning to leave to New Marris, until the Beast appeared in Empire City, destroying and killing people. Cole fought back at the Beast but failed to defeat the monster. He wasn't strong enough. Now Empire City is dead. 

He has to get new powers to defeat the Beast once and for all. After they reached New Marris, they went to go see Wolfe to get blast cores, which help Cole gain new powers. The Militia were after Wolfe which complicated the situation. After Cole faced a bunch of Militia, he managed to get a blast core that was in a box. After a few moments, Wolfe's lab blew up. Cole rushed to Wolfe, which he was fine. Wolfe then explained him a new device he created. The Ray Field Inhibitor or the RFI. It was to help to weaken the Beast and defeat him. The Blast Cores were to help boost Cole. He then used the Cores to gain powers. After the Militia Kidnaped Wolfe, they were on a hunt to find him again. After gaining new powers and new enemies. they found Wolfe, but it was too late. Wolfe told Bertrand everything. After an escape attempt, Wolfe, Kuo, and Cole crashed. 

Wolfe died during the crash and the Militia took away Kuo. Cole lost hope but still kept going. Later on, Cole met another Conduit named Nix. They became allies and took on the Militia. She also gave Cole a Blast Core. He then gained more powers. They managed to find where Kuo is located. They managed to save her, but she was now a Conduit as well. After a while, Cole met up with Kuo after the incident. She was overwhelmed and upset about what they did to her. After Cole helped her control her power, they went on a hunt for more Blast Cores. After fighting more Militia, they found one. After through countless Blast Cores that Cole Absorbed, including the ice power that Kuo gave him, he soon faced Bertrand. 

 Bertrand was a conduit as well, creating those monsters that were in the city. He was responsible. Bertrand fought Cole in his monster state. But not long after, Cole finished off Bertrand. After a while, he met John which shocked Cole because he thought he was dead. John told Cole that there was a plague spreading across the world, and he needed his help to cure the sick. What Cole didn't realize until he found out is that John was the Beast. He told Cole that with his help, they can save people by releasing their true powers, turning humans into Conduits to cure them. What Wolfe didn't tell Cole about is the RFI can cure the plague as well but at the cost of all Conduits. He had to make a decision.