Chapter 3 (A Chill Day)

It was the day of the field trip. The students in Miss Glynda's class got ready to go on a field trip to the Forever Fall. Cole and his team got their weapons ready as well as Team JNPR and CRDL.

"Are you ready Cole?" Ruby asked. "Yeah, I'm geared up," Cole said. "Alright, then class. Let's go." Glynda said as the class got on bullheads. The ship took off and made their way onto the forest.

The bullhead was flying over the forest. There were beautiful trees with red leaves. Cole has never seen anything like this before. It was... nice. It made him feel good.

"Cole, are you okay?" Ruby asked. "Oh yeah, I'm alright. I just never seen anything like this before." He said. "It must be a first. Whenever people see the Forever Fall for the first time, they get a good feeling. Something that they only see in books." Blake said. "You just took the words out of my mouth," Cole said while he chuckled.

"It's nice though. Our world never had anything like this. Nothing exotic. Not like the trees. Never been red like this." Cole said. "It's one in a lifetime," Yang said. After a minute, the bullhead soon came to land. Everyone exited and walked across the forest. "Man, this sure is a nice place." Cole thought

"Yes students, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach asked all of you to collect samples from the trees that are deep inside the forest. And I'm here to make sure that none of you die while doing so." Glynda explained. Jaune was caring a box of whatever it's inside with 5 glass jars on top. He knew that Cardin forced him to be with them.

"You've got to do this on your own Jaune." Cole thought.

"Each of you is required to gather one jar of sap. However, this forest is full of Grimm. Be sure to stay by your teammates. We will meet back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun." Glynda said.

"Well, I guess with the Grimm around makes it more fun." Cole thought. He went on with his team into the forest. With a jar in hand, he went to go find a tree with sap. He eventually found one. He then drained the sap onto the jar. It was a red substance that smelled really sweet. "Hm, smells like candy," Cole said to himself.

Cole didn't want to let his guard down. He used his Radar Pulse to sense any Grimm around. He sensed his teammates are near. He also senses Jaune and...Cardin. He didn't want to be seen as suspicious. He knew damn well that Cardin is using Jaune for revenge on me. "Come on Jaune, make the right choice." Cole thought. He saw from the corner of his eyes that Jaune refused to throw the jar of sap. He threw it at Cardin instead.

"You've messed up now Johnny Boy," Cardin said as he proceeds to punch him. Cole climbed up a tree to see the situation. He saw that Jaune was about to get punched again in the face. Cole was about to intervene but a bright flash appeared where they were. It looked like that Cardin hurt his fists when trying to punch Jaune. He was seen covered in white aura. He was then kicked.

"Let's see how much of a man you really are," Cardin said. As he was about to kick Jaune again, there was a loud roar. An Ursa came running to them. Cardin's goons ran out of there like no tomorrow. The Ursa was in front of Jaune but didn't attack. It was smelling something. The Sap on Cardin's armor. It went after Cardin ran away from it, but it jumped over him and knocked him back.

"Good riddance." Cole thought Cole saw his team rushing to their location. As the Ursa was about to hit Cardin, it was blocked by Jaune's shield. Weiss was about to attack, but Pyrrha stopped her. She wanted to let Jaune handle the situation. The Ursa swiped at Jaune, but he dodged it. It then swiped with its other hand and hit Jaune, sending him flying back. Jaune charged at the Ursa only to be sent flying again.