Chapter Two

"What?" The team asked in confusion. "To make this short, I'm not from this place. I'm actually from another world." This made everyone surprised. "Y-your from another world? What's it like." Ruby asked with curiosity.

"In our world, we don't have any monsters like those 'Grimm' that I fought in the forest. This was before everything went downhill. Our world called Earth had everything at peace. It's a bit similar to Remnant but without the moon cracked." Cole chuckled as he said that. "So I'm guessing you want the long version of my story?" The four shook their heads, wanting to know what Cole was before. "Alright then. A story is what you want, A story is what you will get."

----------------------------

After an hour of Cole explained everything to his new team, they were filled with mixed emotions about the reason why he is what he is and why were his powers given to him. They still had plenty of questions for him.

"I'm guessing that you have questions to ask me. But to be honest, I don't know myself. All I knew that I was given a purpose and nothing else. No reason behind it." That cleared up everything that the four girls had on their minds.

"So, why did you sacrifice yourself, even though you knew you were going to die?" Blake asked.

"It was my mess that I had to clean up. This was my fault. I started everything that caused lives and the only way to stop it was to finish what I started. There was no other way. I was afraid that I had to sacrifice myself for the greater good. I knew my emotions were holding me back, so I had to just forget about it. It wasn't simple at all. And now that I've done my job, I can finally forget about it all." This made Blake smile but without the others noticing.

"You really were a hero, even though others didn't see it like that," Yang said. "It's how the world is. Most people are just thankful for being alive and surviving the inevitable. It was my destiny. It's how life is. Each person has their destiny, but they don't know it until later on."

The words of wisdom from Cole made the four understand the reality of life. "I never thought I get to hear those words from a guy that we just met," Weiss said. The four laughed while Cole chuckled. "I guess you could say that," Cole said. "Now, any more questions?"

"I do have a few. One is what is that device strapped on your chest?" Ruby said while pointing at the phone. "That's my phone. It's a communication device whenever my best friend Zeke needed to contact me on what's going on and other information." They all oohed in response. "And your weapon, how was it made?" Ruby asked excitingly. "It was made by my best friend. I used to use my fists to fight, but since he made my Amp for me, that's no longer a problem. I can channel my power into it."

"So it doesn't use dust at all. That awesome!" Ruby exclaimed. "Well then, that's all for today. I will be heading out to explore a bit more and clear my thoughts." Cole said as he got up and started walking to the door.

"Well, it's getting late. We don't want to be late for classes tomorrow." Weiss said. When Cole heard 'classes' he stopped in his tracks. "Great, classes. I forgot." He said before heading out.

"Well, what do you think guys? Should we trust him?" Yang said. "I absolutely do. You heard him what he did." Ruby said. "I think he's good in my book," Blake said. "I guess he's alright but I'm not one hundred percent sure," Weiss said. "Oh come on Weiss. This is why everyone keeps calling you Ice Queen." The team started to bicker for a bit.

Cole was on the roof sitting on the edge, trying to clear his thoughts on what's going through his mind. But the memories keep echoing through his head.

'You just look like him. Kessler, the man who gave you your powers.'