five

AUTHOR POV

AUTHOR POV

chaewon steps into the white light and in an instant, is on the streets of paris, the city of love. the blank sheet of paper earlier was no longer, instead a black and gold card and one envelope with a phone number scrawled ridiculously small on it. a purple hotel stands in front of her, she quickly hurries in.

"welcome to hotel de luna! do you have a reservation?"

"what happened to the dead aren't dead...or is that not a thing anymore?" she snorts.

the man looks confusingly at her, "you must be mistaken... maybe you're mixing us with something else? may i have your name?"

"moon chaewon... but i haven't made a reservation—"

"moon chaewon, vvip room!" he shows her his computer screen. "let's get to your room. luggage?"

"yes..." she looks at her hand, "... oh? did i not bring it?"

"did you leave it somewhere miss?" he asks.

"no... no it's totally fine."

he leads her up to the room. "please enjoy your stay madam."

"you too... oh wait i'm so sorry." he puts on a smile and closes the door. chaewon dials the number on the envelope.

"hello?"

"hello, this is hotel de luna, where the dead aren't dead! how may i help you?"

"oh thank god, i'm not dreaming. manwol?"

"oh! it's chaewon!" she giggles, "i do hope realm traveling isn't too tiring for you."

"yeah, no.. look i just want you to explain what i'm supposed to do... and realm traveling?!"

"did you even bother to look inside the envelope or on the black and gold card i gave you?"

"haha, funny you should say that... no." she says sheepishly.

"i've transferred five million dollars into your bank account, your card is in your envelope and jungkook should be around there somewhere."

"jungkook?"

"sweetie, i've got to go. international phone calls are very expensive."

"but you didn't even make the call!"

"yes but darling, you do realize you're using the hotel phone... right?"

"and what about it?"

"chaewon sweetie, i own the hotel." and at that she hangs up.

"okay chaewon... you've got five million dollars, a black card, free accommodation and you're in a city you've never been to. what else could go wrong? just gotta find jungkook, that's all."