three

"no, we're not

"no, we're not."

"do you think i would be crying like this if—"

"i don't know if you would be crying... i barely know you!" he runs his hand through his hair in frustration as he looks at the tv, "it could be something else—" our pictures are suddenly shown on screen, "—oop never mind, it's us."

we trudgingly go upstairs and i sink into the couch and switch on the television, automatically directed to the news. the news presenter trails on the same story as our student pictures are shown on the screen repeatedly. the remainder of the group fall silent.

"OH MY HOLY FUCKS WE'RE DEAD." seokjin exclaims. he was standing in the doorway of the toilet as we switched on the tv and stayed there, listening to it.

"oh thank god." mina high fives her boyfriend, "we died together, the last thing on our bucket list is completed!"

"are you guys not sad?" jungkook asks, confused at their relief and happy behavior.

hanjae shrugs, "there's nothing much we can do, none of us have families..."

"so why is she so upset?" jungkook whispers to him, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"did she not tell you?" he frowns, "i don't know if it's my place to tell... ah whatever we're dead, she can't kill me. chae's whole family died in an accident and she kinda wanted to complete their dreams for them... she can't really, now."

a black and gold paper floats towards the middle of our makeshift circle as the door to our room creaks open and manwol comes in. "welcome to hotel del luna. where the dead really aren't dead."

"wow. that's just..."

"at hotel del luna, we help soothe dead souls who still need to fulfill something, otherwise they will regret and have a hard time reaching the after life."

"so like us? this is a second chance at life."

"not a second chance at life, life and death has stopped for you so you are just living in that moment." she corrects.

"we're not alive nor dead." i shrug, "then i guess there's nothing to cry about. stupid tears."
author's note:
okay, from chapter four onwards each chapter will focus solely on each person's mission. some may be separated from each other, but some will stay in the same country/place.

song of the day: spell - niki zefanya 💫

✨🌙