part 4

Dark stared at Wilford for the longest time, pondering on what he said, wondering if he heard him right. The longer he looked at the pink ego, the more lost he looked. His eyes stand out the most to Dark. They were not their usual bubblegum pink color,  they were chestnut brown, a color he was all too familiar with in another lifetime.

"Wilford?" Dark asked carefully. "What did you call me?"

Wilford suddenly shook his head, squinting his eyes closed. When he opened them again... They were back to their normal pink color. He stared at Dark arching and eyebrow. "I-I'm sorry I zoned out a bit." He chuckled, a little grin forming on his face. But it slowly disappeared as he looked at Dark who stared at him concerned. "Darky, are you okay? Did I say something?"

Dark sighed, hearing the nickname he loved so dearly. But he noticed the worry forming on Wilford's face, so he put on a fake smile. "No Wil, it's nothing." He lied.

With that Wilford smiled and held Dark's hand, looking back at the musicians on the stage, but Dark kept his eye on his boyfriend his eyes laced with concern.

What was that?

It was late when they got back from their date, so they snuck through the house, careful not to wake anyone up. But that didn't keep Wilford from being quiet as he hummed to Dark, holding his hands. There were some moments when he was raising his voice a bit as he hummed.

"Wil shh." Dark snapped, but couldn't help but grin at the big goof.

They finally made it to their door when he hummed loud once again, causing Dark to flinch as he opened the door. "Wilford if you don't stOP-."

Dark let out a small yelp as Wilford scooped him up bridal style, caring him into the room, twirling him a couple of times.

"Wilford." Dark laughed, clinging to him tightly. "If you wake anyone-."

"Relax dear, no one's gonna wake up." He grinned taking Dark over to their bed, setting him down gently.

"Wil, that wasn't necessary, I can walk-."

"Oh hush I know how your joints get at the end of the day," Wilford said helping Dark take off his jacket and bow tie, listening to the silent pop every time Dark moved his joints.

Dark sighed rubbing his head, then rubbing his neck, able to feel where it was broken. He frowned at the memory. He remembered falling over the railing, the feeling of the wind when he fell from that hight... the look of terror on William's face as he reached out for-.

Dark was snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing a song being played in his old record player. He turned around to see Wilford stare at him, with a warm loving smile, listening to the song. Dark smiled as Wilford slowly walked to him taking his hand.

"Darky, may I have this dance?" Wilford smirked, holding his hand with both of his.

Dark gave him a nod, getting up as Wilford led him into a slow dance. He ignored the way his bones ached every time he moved, wanting to just have this moment. He rested his head on Wilford's chest, listening to his heartbeat and to the song.

One more tomorrow
To hold you in my embrace
And thrill with rapture
Each time I look at your face

One more tomorrow
To see heaven in your eyes
To have your hand cling to mine
And wander through paradise

Wilford gracefully and gently twirled Dark around a couple of times, making Dark laugh. He himself smiled happily, watching as Dark's aura joined together making a radiant color of purple. He wondered how someone like him could be so lucky to have a man like Dark. He pulled Dark close to him once more, afraid that if he let go, he would vanish from his grasp. He leaned down and kissed Dark on the cheek lightly. "I love you, Darky."