Chapter 1

I was at the Principal's office, for the seventh or sixth time, I can't remember. I was again caught by Ma'am Cortez, fighting with another classmate of mine, which he was now on the school clinic because of the wounds he got from me.  As I was sitting on the chair on the left side of the desk of the principal, Ms. Cortez was looking at me, with her eagle eyes at mine. She was really angry at me, seriously. I can admit that, I was really a mindless jerk of hurting and ill-treating my classmates.

I am Luis Reyes, a 14 year old boy and a Grade 9 student, section B, of the Sto. Nino School. My parents are of broken relationship since i was a baby, because my father left me and my mother, eloped with another woman. My mother always taught me that i should not be like my father, but she was wrong. I became rowdy and quarrelsome among my classmates. Anger always ruled my heart.

Finally, while I'm sitting, Ms. Cortez told me, "The principal is here now, Luis. Fix yourself."

She was right. Principal Cosme was now in front of me. Like Ms. Cortez, he also has eagle eyes looking at mine. Then, he asked Ms. Cortez.

"What did Mr. Reyes did again this time, huh?"

"He fought again with his classmate Morales," she replied. "They were at the classroom when the fight happened."

Hearing this, he covered his eyes with his hand, as like he was stressed.

"Leave him here," he ordered to her. Immediately, she left the room, closing the door behind her. Then, he turned to me, shouting angrily at me.

"Mr. Reyes!" he shouted. "I am already sick and tired of your habits. Why are you always fighting with your classmates who were innocent? God, carramba! You really are a vulgar, rowdy, menace, and a bully! How many times do we have to tell you not to do that anymore?" Then he shaked his two fists as like anger overwhelmed him. "You! You are.......grrrrr!"

I just looked at him, of course. After that, he calmed himself at his desk, then he proceeded his words, calm but firm.

"Mr. Reyes," he said. " I got a bad news for you. You will never study here in this school. You see, your teachers and your classmates are already weary of your habits. I'm sorry but i can't help you anymore in here. Sad to say for you, you are expelled now in this school because of bullying your classmates."

With this words, he let me finally go out of the room. As i went out of the Principal's office, i quickly went to my room to take my bag. While i was taking my bag, i saw the words written on the board, engraving "GOODBYE TO BULLIES". I know who they were talking about. When i went out of the room, I saw Morales, my calssmate, with his friends, wiggling their tounge on me, then they made horrid faces to me. After that, they sang, "Bye bye! Bye bye!" while waving their hands. They were really very happy to see me leave. Then, Morales mocked me, "Who's the loser now, huh?" then he laughed. But, I didn't mind him. All the fun is in him. Shame on me.

Finally, I was now at the gate. The guard opened the door and I went out, walking towards home. As i walked towards home, I saw Aling Nene, my mother's best friend and the owner of the carinderia, looking at me at the window.

"Hey, Luis!" she shouted at me. "How's your school day, huh?"

I didn't mind her. I just walked towards home. Finally, I have arrived at our home. Our home was, with a vegetable garden at the front, and our home was built on blocks and wood. It's just small, only fitting two rooms and a kitchen. Our bathroom was outside.

I spotted my mother. She was weeding the garden, the section of okras, her favorite vegetables. She was wearing a straw hat, and has gloves in each of her hands. I thought she wouldn't caught me crossing behind her, but wrong, she is.