Chapter 4

It was Saturday morning now, I forgot to tell you. But, when I looked up at the sky, it was so bleak because of the clouds.

"Ugh!" I growled.  "I hate bleak mornings."

"You should love everydays," Cecillia told me. 

I turned to her. "Even bleak days," I asked.

"Yes, even bleak days," she answered to me with a smile.

"Aaaah," I said. Then, I went downstairs to eat my breakfast, this time, with a rice on the plate. I wondered why Aunt will serve like this now.

"Aunt, why rice today?"

"Because you complained at the breakfast a day ago," she said to me. "I was afraid that your mother will scold me for not feeding you well in here."

"No, it's okay," i said. "I guess it's my fault why. I'm sorry."

"No, you don't have to," she said to me. "It's okay to me."

As I sat down to eat, Cecillia nudged me, with a wink on her eye.

"What are you looking at?" I said to her.

She laughed again. "Nothing," she said. "You were just so demanding to your Aunt. Tell me, you got it now!"

"No! I'm not!" I shouted. "It's not what you think!"

"Seriously, you are!" she shouted at me, then she tickled me. "You are your Aunt's boy! You are your Aunt's best, bratty boy," she teased.

"Ugh! Cut it off!" I said. Then I grabbed her arm and twisted it. But she just smiled, "It's not painful!" then she wiggled her tounge on me and ran like a wind. Then I sat to eat my breakfast. Stupid girl, I thought.

After breakfast, I went and brushed my teeth again to the sink and took a bath. After that, I changed clothes and went outside for a walk. As I walked to the houses, all of them were displaying halloween masks and stuff.

"Gee, what are this?" I asked myself. Without knowing, Cecillia suddenly flashed at my sight.

"Oh, it was you!' I shouted. "I thought you are not here."

"I'm a ghost, remember?" she said to me in a girlish accent. "I always follow you wherever you go.'

"Sorry," I said.  Then, we walked past the trees. It was a quiet place, accompanied only by bird's chirping. At last, we sat near the fallen log, under the shadow of the mango tree.

As we sat, I talked to Cecillia. "Tell me, Cecillia," I said. 'If you're a ghost, then why are you following me? You can follow Gabriel, or the other children around here."

"Because," she replied. "You are the only boy here with a third eye."

"T-third eye?" I stammered.

"Yes," she nodded. "And, you know what, this is going to be my last days of roaming here in this earth, and I have a mission to accomplish before I go to heaven."

"What?"

"My mission is: to find a friend and to change his/her ways," she said.

When she said this, I laughed. "You're silly," I told her. "You must be......"

I stopped when I saw her face. She was frowning at me.

"Alright,' I said. "I know what you want from me now. You are following me because you look at me as a kind one. yet, you're wrong!"