Chapter 6

One night, I was home. It was blackout, like what the Barangay announced to us yesterday. It was funny, cause it was dark all around, and I'm alone. Yet, I felt guilty and lonely. Exactly, I was the first to go home at Aunt's house, because she was having a meeting with the other teachers.

Quickly, I went to the kitchen to look for candles. Aunt told me that the candles are located near the cupboard, so I went to the direction of the said thing. At last, I found where the candles are, accompanied with a match. I lighted the match as I took it, and lighted the candle. Unexpectedly, as I exactly lighted the candle, I saw Cecillia in front of me!

"Is it true," she glared at me. "that you really kissed her with your lips?"

"No, Cecillia," I said. "She really did that to me. I promise, I swear! I don't love her."

But she was really angry right now that she turned into a scary form of a ghost to me, making me tremble. "Liar!" she shouted at me. Then, I saw tears flowing out of her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Cecillia," I apologized at her.

But, too late for me. She began to point her finger at me, with a glaring face on me. "I don't wanna see you again!" she shouted, then she flied away through the window. I quickly ran outside using the door, just to chase her.

"Cecillia! Wait!" I shouted. But, too late. She was gone.

"Oh no," I said to myself. "What have I done?" And, because I have nothing else to do to get her back, I sat down outside and cried bitterly.

~

One morning. I can't get up. I felt that I am going to die within an hour, without Aunt knowing about me. Because, Cecillia, the friend and the loved one of mine, which I didn't tell her, has two days left to roam here in this world. And, the worst was, I made her down, and I don't wanna be a broken guy who will never see his loved one for eternity. God, what have I done?

I ate lessly on my breakfast, although the breakfast food was delicious. This made Aunt lonely about me. So she asked me, "Luis, why won't you eat those? Are you sick?"

But, I didn't answered her. 

"Luis," she sighed. "what's wrong with you, my nephew?"

I lied, "Nothing."

"Don't lie to me, Luis," she said seriously to me. "What is really wrong with you?"

In order not to get her mad, I showed her a fake smile. "I'm happy," I said. "He...he...he, I'm happy. Don't you see?"

This made Aunt nod, as she drank her coffee. "Okay, I see," she replied.

~

At school, I went with my Aunt towards the corridor. As we were walking, Principal met us. She was along with a woman, who wore a traditional saya dress and holding a shoulder bag on her right arm. She wore glasses, and she was younger than Principal Sanchez.

"Sandra!" Principal Sanchez greeted to her, as she held her and introduced her to a woman I mentioned to you a while ago. "You have to meet my closest amiga and my neighbor, Milagros Moreno. She will help us cease the haunting of our school."

Immediately, Aunt shaked hands with Aling Milagros. "Oh, hi Aling Milagros," she smiled. Then, she turned to Principal Sanchez, "What is her occupation?"

"Oh, she's a spirit expert here in Barangay Macopa," she replied. "and also, she can perform a seance if her clients do. Would you like?"

"No,no," Aunt shooked her head. "not like that."