Chapter 5

It was the end of the Foundation Day, and it's just the day we have a sembreak, as Mrs. Sanchez announced to us before the end.

As I was walking along the river, I noticed that Cecillia is following me.

"Luis," she said to me. I never felt normal when I always see her. Grrrrrr! What's going on with me? I am going insane to someone else who is already dead. Man, this is the first time of my life to fall in love with a ghost! As I walk, I felt sick because my body doesn't know what is happening. Oh no! I think I need to rest and my mind feels like crazy and wild. Without a word, I ran away to Cecillia towards my home.

Aunt asked me what is happening when I opened the door, but I didn't answered her. Instead, I went towards my room and I buried my head with a pillow, thinking this pain will soon disappear, I hope.

~

I opened my eyes. As I went up to my bed, I finally thought that I, have feelings with Cecillia. But she's my protector, and I think she might be angry to me. But, on the other hand, my heart is beating fast for her, and I can't fight it. I felt like I am being feverish now.

As I went down, Aunt saw me. "Are you alright?" she asked me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright," I said. Then I went to the kitchen to eat. But, I can't eat at the food in front of me. Aunt seemed to be worried for me.

"Do you miss someone?" she asked me.

"No," I replied.

"Did someone bullied you?"

I shooked my head.

"Then what is the matter, Luis?"

I felt ashamed. If I tell her, I don't know, but I swear if I tell her about this, something bad will follow.So, instead, I said, "Aunt, I'm already full. I think.....I...um....need to rest for a while."

"Why, don't you like the stewed chicken I cooked for dinner, eh?" she said, with a determination on her face.

"No...I-"

"Well, you can," she said to me. 'You can leave now if you want to."

I felt bad. Aunt really don't understand my feelings at all. She can be a strict-minded like Mother. Oh, I admit really to myself that I hurted Aunt's feelings, but the important is, I had to refrain something and look outside for a while.

At my room, I climbed at my window and went up to the roof. Man! The air was so fresh, the sky was full of stars, and our neighbors have beautiful lights inside their homes. Down at the house, the flowers looked still at the garden.

As I was looking, I didn't notice Cecillia was with me.

"Hey, Luis," she said to me.

I felt brightened up. She was now here beside me, but I don't have to show my feelings to her. Not yet. No, not yet this time.

"Hey," I replied to her.

"Are you blushing?" she asked me.

"What? Me, blushing?" I pointed at myself, smiling. "No, no, no, no."

"You're lying!" she shouted at me mockingly.

I laughed. I'm feeling that I am not annoyed of her pranks and mocks, and I am now feeling that she is humanly-like already.

"Okay, okay," she said to me. She ceased her mocks to me by herself.

"Can I ask you a question?" she suddenly asked me.

"About what?"

"About why do you always frown when you are out?" she asked me. "I think it's not good when you always do that. Why, what was the reason?"